New forum software update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New forum software update.

I've just installed the latest security update to vBulletin, It looks like the install has gone ok, but if you spot any weirdness / errors over the next few days, can you reply to this post with details.

Hi Martin, I've just created a new thread (https://www.eos-magazine-forum.com/f...eming-exercise) Having created it I returned to it to add one additional image and whilst I couldn't add the additional image, I noticed that where I had typed "# plus a number the each # had been replaced with words!

See attached, screen grab.

EOSForum.jpg
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinEOS View Post
      I've just installed the latest security update to vBulletin, It looks like the install has gone ok, but if you spot any weirdness / errors over the next few days, can you reply to this post with details.
      Martin, thank you for your preventive maintenance on the site. I recently received an email that an old photo forum I am a member of went up again after it got hacked.

With the security update is there any chance that the forum UI be updated to something more contemporary for 2022? Also is it possible to hotlink & display images without shrinkage at a 1600px on the longest end?

I've seen other photo forums being able to do this without impacting the layout of the forum by relocating objects on the left side of the screen like the member's

- username
      - membership status

to the top part of the post.

This frees up the space on the left for more space for the photo.
      Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

Comment

I am no longer able to access the digital version even though I renewed in September 2022

Comment

Sorry Scarecrow555, the forum is not able to help with subscription problems. You need to email tamsin@eos-magazine.com
          Robert
          robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
          X