No announcement yet.

Forum Challenge No 2 - 17th - 31st March. SYMMETRY - Perfect or Imperfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum Challenge No 2 - 17th - 31st March. SYMMETRY - Perfect or Imperfect

Thanks for picking me as the winner Not often I manage to win anything
    The pic was not actually taken with the comp in mind. It was only afterwards when I was processing it did it become apparent it might qualify.
    My photographic skills are to say the least marginal. I take reasonable pics and very very occasionally does it all come together properly.
    Still as someone said "he who knows it all knows nowt"
    The next challenge will be up very shortly when I think of something

My problem is going to be judging the next set,so please be forgiving if my results are not as expected.

Well done to the others they all had merit in their own right.
    Ray

Comment

Well done Doglet

Chris, was going for the reflection as the symmetry and the 3/4 view and slightly elevated angle so that it wasn't a 'perfect' reflection, but in hindsight I can see that it perhaps doesn't shout symmetry. Looked better in my head The straight on shot looked a bit bland for my liking, but may half fullfilled the brief better. As they say, every day is a school day. Was also going to try for a ripple in the water, but I ran out of hands!!

Thanks for taking the time and for getting your comments back so quickly.

Cheers
      Robert
      If cucumbers are meant to be cool, why do you rarely see any wearing sunglasses?
      Kit - Camera with bits to change on the front, flashy things, and other bits and bobs.

Comment

Congratulations Doglet
        Well done Chris for taking on the unenviable task of judging and then providing comments.

I figure copious amounts of the amber fluid qualify for the next challenge.
        As Doglet has announced the next challenge I hope a lot more enter this fun competition as many have posted some great images containing water. Competition 3 should be a good one.
        The great British Easter weather will, I am sure, provide many many opportunities for everyone.
        David
        David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
          I figure copious amounts of the amber fluid qualify for the next challenge.
          Damn - now I gotta think of something else
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Pretty chuffed with that result for a snatched shot. Congratulations to Doglet. Without applying any sort of judging criteria I looked at that shot and thought 'oh, wow, that's a winner'.
            Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Guilty!!! Of not looking at the times of posting and noticing a possible rule infringement..... See posts on Challenge 3. Had been away up to the "closing night" and turned on first thing in the morning and accepted all the images that came up as being up for judging. Actually I hadn't adjusted my office clock to BST so the infringement would have looked only 6 minutes if I had clock-watched!
              But wouldn't want to go against the rules that Millie so kindly sorted out (wouldn't want her to return to her "young Mrs T" avatar and give me a hand-bagging..... Don't mean it, Millie....). But don't let the small print get too much in the way of some super images.
              We live and learn - that's what the forum is all about, isn't it?
              Must go and get inspired by water for No. 3 - shouldn't be hard in this pouring rain with huge puddles all over the garden.
              Cheers, Chris.
              Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Just goes to show we're all human...although my kids sometimes think I'm some kind of alien!
                If cucumbers are meant to be cool, why do you rarely see any wearing sunglasses?
                Kit - Camera with bits to change on the front, flashy things, and other bits and bobs.

Comment

My kids advertise the fact that I am an alien, unless of course they want something and then I am suddenly elevated to Saint-Hood!

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X