Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Challenge Number 5: 8th May - 21st May

Hi guys and gals!

I've been thinking about how happy we're going to be once our 4 year old is over his stomach bug, so the theme for challenge number 5 has to be: Celebration!

As usual, Millie's rules apply and you have two weeks to get your shots.

Good luck everyone - I can't wait to see the entries!
    =========================================
    Scotty - Noob with a 550D, Russell Hobbs 14943, 18-55 IS Kit Lens,
    70-300mm Tamron, Wahl 5560-917, nifty fifty and a Philips QC5015

Flickr Account

Re: Forum Challenge Number 5: 8th May - 21st May

C'mon people .................. no entries yet?

Colin
    Colin

Comment

30 years a parish priest. Congratulations by the two Church Wardens

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Got my thinking cap on. Tricky one, this, but then that's the point, isn't it?
        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Mother and daughter reunion

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by billeden View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
            Can't see the photo.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel Ramanaden View Post
              Can't see the photo.
              chrs Nathaniel, I'm not too sure what is wrong, as I can see it when logged in (my post and your reply) but not as a guest. I will have another go

Bill

Comment

Comment

It's on there Bill and also copied in Nathaniel's reply.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Well here's my first communion effort from last week - another one this Sunday with 8-10 kids, parents and groups!

Attached Files
                    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Bill,
                      Not to worry. I can see the BIG hug & kiss.

Comment

Posting this one to maintain my record of entering every challenge, but, really, it should be dis-qualified (taken on Ixus, not EOS: for explanation see my Superman post in the People forum).
                        Was in Berlin last week and thought this painting was very poignant - on one of the remaining sections of The Wall, celebrating the lives of the 136 people who died in escape bids. One rose for each life.

Cheers, Chris.
                        Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Hi all - sorry for the late marking; I have an excuse: I cut my phone line with my hedge trimmers. Ahem.

The marking on this one will be particularly subjective since I don't really know what I'm talking about

I'll take Colin's marking as a guide, so marking will be for:

1. Interpretation
                          2. Technical Execution
                          3. Composition

And on to the entries (there weren't that many - perhaps my choice of subject wasn't so good?).

Nathaniel

1. 9 - Seems like a good cause for celebration, reinforced by the title.
                          2. 7 - Nice colour temperature, looks quite sharp - for me a shallower DOF would have been good.
                          3. 7 - Looks like a step or two to the left would have helped the composition, but appreciate you may have been limited by the environment.
                          Total: 23

BillEden

1. 8 - Emotive subject.
                          2. 7 - Looks quite sharp, good detail in face and hair.
                          3. 5 - Would have liked to see more of the other face, and maybe cloned out the wheelie bin
                          Total: 20

EOS_Jim

1. 8 - Certainly a celebration.
                          2. 8 - Nice and sharp, looks like a good exposure to me. Colours could be a little more vibrant for my taste.
                          3. 9 - Love the composition.
                          Total: 25

Chris J
                          Not taken with EOS by own admission.

Total: 0

Results
                          The winner: EOS_Jim with 25 points
                          Second: Nathaniel with 23 points
                          Third: BillEden with 20 points

Well done to the entrants, and congratulations to EOS_Jim who gets the honour of setting the next challenge!
                          Last edited by TheGFB; 23-05-2010, 17:54.
                          Scotty - Noob with a 550D, Russell Hobbs 14943, 18-55 IS Kit Lens,
                          70-300mm Tamron, Wahl 5560-917, nifty fifty and a Philips QC5015

Flickr Account

Comment

Congrats Jim. Nice shot and a good occasion to celebrate!

P.S I hope more members will take part next time, esp from the new members whilst the experienced ones could show the newbies a thing or two!!!

the GFB- it would have been nice if you could have shown what you would have submitted if you were entering the competition.
                            Last edited by Nathaniel; 23-05-2010, 18:33.

Comment

Chrs GFB,

First ever entry to any comp of any sort, I lost something between screen and chopping down for net, gonna concentrate on using dpp alone, have been playing with lightroom beta 3.
                              Truth is I never even noticed the wheelie bin cos I was upstairs and down again being the host etc. Thanks again
                              P.S. I did do a heavy crop from the original

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X