Comments on Forum Challenge Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments on Forum Challenge Entries

Hi! folks! I hope you will post all your C&C on forum challnege entries under this thread so that the Challenge itself is free of any comments other than only photographic entries.

Thanks
    Nathaniel

P.S- Could someone transfer all the comments made under FC No6 to this thread please
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 05-06-2010, 09:27.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Comments on Forum Challenge Entries

I think you have a fair point Nathaniel.

The Forum Challenge should only have entries, without further comment ........... until after the judging has taken place. After that, members would be free to comment, congratulate, etc.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Pardon this perhaps dumb question. I note that in the forum challenge No 7 there is an entry which were taken earlier i.e not within the time span of 8th-21st June. I also note that there are more than one entry per person. Perhaps someone will englighten me whether Millie's rules have been relaxed so that I can submit submit an entry that would otherwise have been disqualified.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

My understanding is:

* Must be taken within the time frame specified

* Only one entry per person - second or subsequent entries inadmissable.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          * Must be taken within the time frame specified
          That's interesting as the rules state:
          "3. No old images – this would defeat the object of the challenge" - What's an old image, one taken yesterday or one taken 3 years ago??

Maybe rule 3 should be changed to "3. Images must be taken during the date of the competition" just to make it a bit clearer for new members.

Oh and I'm quite happy to remove my entry if required
          Last edited by Glenn; 17-06-2010, 07:21.

Comment

I notice it also says something about no Photoshop borders - but no one seems to worry about that
            =========================================
            Scotty - Noob with a 550D, Russell Hobbs 14943, 18-55 IS Kit Lens,
            70-300mm Tamron, Wahl 5560-917, nifty fifty and a Philips QC5015

Flickr Account
            =========================================

Comment

Posts deleted as neither were taken in the timescale as I don't live near a beach and there were 2 of them....
              EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Comment

Originally posted by TheGFB View Post
                I notice it also says something about no Photoshop borders - but no one seems to worry about that
                I think, in fairness to all the competitors/entrants to this fun competition, the rules must be adhered to, otherwise we might as well not bother to enter. So there should be no borders either!!!!!!!!!
                Also, apart from the integrity of the photographer, are there any safeguards against say a sea scene being cloned on to an otherwise normal photograph taken "within the time frame"? I don't think that the exif information will give this info.

It would also be good for all entrants to check up Millie's "fizzing rules" before posting their entries. Prevents unnecessary correspondence.
                Last edited by Nathaniel; 17-06-2010, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel Ramanaden View Post
                  Pardon this perhaps dumb question. I note that in the forum challenge No 7 there is an entry which were taken earlier i.e not within the time span of 8th-21st June. I also note that there are more than one entry per person. Perhaps someone will englighten me whether Millie's rules have been relaxed so that I can submit submit an entry that would otherwise have been disqualified.

Originally posted by Nathaniel Ramanaden View Post
                  I think, in fairness to all the competitors/entrants to this fun competition, the rules must be adhered to, otherwise we might as well not bother to enter. So there should be no borders either!!!!!!!!!
                  I posted my 'out of date entry' for three reasons:

1. To get the ball rolling.
                  2. Because I thought it mildly entertaining being such a small beach.
                  3. To, hopefully in a gentle way, suggest that subjects should be something as accessible as possible to encourage more participation.

Please note I stuck faithfully to the rule about not adding a border.

Also, apart from the integrity of the photographer, are there any safeguards against say a sea scene being cloned on to an otherwise normal photograph taken "within the time frame"? I don't think that the exif information will give this info.
                  You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about what processing people do to enhance their photos. As you've said, it's a fun competition, so does it matter? Some people are comfortable manipulating images on a computer and some aren't. In reality all that matters is that a photo looks as good as possible. How it got like that is irrelevant.

It would also be good for all entrants to check up Millie's "fizzing rules" before posting their entries. Prevents unnecessary correspondence.
                  No unnecessary correspondence is necessary. If an entry falls foul of the rules it can be disqualified at the judging stage.

Comment

Glenn, I agree with your the clarification – on rule 3

TheGFB
                    On the borders thing – I don’t like them, so I cunningly slipped that point into the rules for selfish, personal reasons.:tongue::tongue:

Being serious for a moment - Some boarders look awful – some look good – awful or good is subjective, not everyone knows how to add them, so they could feel disadvantaged.

During the current challenge I think everyone should try their best to abide by the current rules.

Since the rules were made up when there was fewer active members, let’s see if we need to adapt them for future challenges.

I have started a thread called: Mass Consultation on forum challenge rules with the aim of getting some rules 99.9% of us agree on, for the challenge after next.

All constructive and un-constructive input welcome.

Millie

Comment

Working...
                    X