VOTING - SHOWCASE 2015 - NOW OPEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOTING - SHOWCASE 2015 - NOW OPEN

All our pictures are now in 9 threads - one for each of the categories (listed below).

Voting:

And here is how you can vote.

Please follow these instructions carefully and see the example below.
    1. All registered members of the eos-magazine-forum may vote.
    2. All those who have submitted entries MUST vote otherwise your entry(ies) will be disqualified.
    3. Those who submitted entries may NOT vote for their own photo.
    4. Voters should list their choices in order of preference and you have to select 9 pictures but each picture must be from a different category (ie one from each category). See example below.
    5. Points will be allotted as follows: 9 points to your first choice, 8 to second choice, 7 to third choice, 6 to fourth choice and so on to one point to ninth choice.
    6. Please send your votes to eos2015votes@aj1.co.uk
    7. You must include in the email your real name and your forum name in order for your votes to count.
    8. Voters can only vote once - no changes to your votes will be accepted.
    9. This showcase is just for fun and by entering or voting you accept to abide by the rules and spirit of this competition, and acknowledge that the decision of the challenge organiser is final
    10. Votes will be accepted up to the midnight on the Monday 25th January 2016. (giving just over one week - this weekend and next weekend) and results will be announced soon after

EXAMPLE VOTING

Forum Name:

1, 0000 Picture Title, Landscape, 9 points
    2, 1111 Picture Title, People and portraits, 8 points
    3, 2222 Picture Title, Nature, 7 points
    4, 3333 Picture Title, Sport and action, 6 points
    5, 4444 Picture Title, Transport, 5 points
    6, 5555 Picture Title, Macro, 4 points
    7, 6666 Picture Title, Techniques, 3 points
    8, 7777 Picture Title, Anything else, 2 points
    9, 8888 Picture Title, Black and White, 1 point

I suggest copying and pasting this format then completing it.

Please ensure the Picture Title INCLUDES the 4-digit number that pre-fixes the title - this helps me identify the picture you are giving your points to - each picture has a unique 4 digit reference number - please use it.

It is your responsibility to ensure your voting is correct, any incorrect entries may not get counted. I will try to acknowledge all voting emails, but please allow a couple of days - including those that I reject with the reason for rejection so you can resubmit.

Any votes received after the deadline will not be counted - this includes votes from those that have entered - if you are late voting your pictures will get disqualified.

Once again - Thanks to all who entered and good luck.

Thanks in advance for all votes :)

Finally, the links to the threads for the 2015 categories are below:

Anything Else - 6 entries.

Black and White - 8 entries.

Landscapes - 15 entries.

Macro - 2 entries.

Nature - 13 entries.

People and Portraits - 9 entries.

Sport and Action - 7 entries.

Techniques, HDR, Colour popping, etc - 7 entries.

Transport - 6 entries.

Please do not post any comments/replies in those threads - thank you - discussions can appear in this thread. I ask this as it will cause bandwidth issues with my hosting of those pictures if everyone keeps going in and out of those threads to reply/look at comments - by all means go in and look at the pictures - thank you.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Re: VOTING - SHOWCASE 2015 - NOW OPEN

I have started reviewing the entries and find it comparatively easy to select one from each category. What is more difficult is to put those nine into a particular order - a bit like comparing chalk with cheese. So my question is, is it OK if I download those nine and then make a small gallery on my drive , moving the images around until I am happy with the sequence? Would that break everybody's copyright? of course I will delete after sending in my choices.

Thanks

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by RogerMac View Post
      I have started reviewing the entries and find it comparatively easy to select one from each category. What is more difficult is to put those nine into a particular order - a bit like comparing chalk with cheese. So my question is, is it OK if I download those nine and then make a small gallery on my drive , moving the images around until I am happy with the sequence? Would that break everybody's copyright? of course I will delete after sending in my choices.

Thanks

Roger
      I assume that there is no definitive answer so I will play it save and not download anything

Comment

I cant answer that one really - I have all the pictures as its easy for me but without getting aproval from everyone that entered then just play it safe and start looking through them all again and again and again...a suggestion would be to open 9 instances of internet explorer (other internet browsers are available) and tile them on your desktop if you can and try looking at each one then :)
        Andy
        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

Thank you again Andy, your time and effort in doing this is appreciated.

I believe you should have received my votes this morning.

.DAVID.
          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Apologies but I will not be able to acknowledge any votes until Thursday evening at the earliest - maybe Friday even.

Something at work has taken priority which means I'm currently out the house from 7am to midnight and on top of that I've knackered my back in again which means any movement I make is absolute agony so its taking me longer to get around as well.

I'm hoping that work things will quieten later in week once sorted - as for the back pain....c'est la vie.

Therefore anyone that has sent me votes Monday and any this week will not be acknowledged for a couple of days.

Sorry.

Andy.
            Andy
            Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Andy don't give it a second thought, it's good of you to give your time to run the Showcase.
              When ever you get time will be good enough for me, thanks again for what you do.
              Hope your back improves soon.

Comment

Just a quick note to remind everyone to vote - especially if you took part.

I am hoping to catch up with all votes received so far by tomorrow night so apologies for not acknowledging just yet.

Andy.
                Andy
                Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

OK all voting received so far has now been acknowledged - so far received 18 sets of votes.

I have however had to query 2 of those - they may be obvious answers but I just want clarification please so check your email/forum PM as the queries have been sent to you.

There are also 3 entrants that have not yet voted - again I have separately PMd you if you havent or I have not received anything.

PLEASE everyone is invited to vote - the more the merrier - Im not going to give away any results yet but if said YOUR VOTE COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE...then you may realise that yes...YOUR VOTE COULD REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Thanks in advance to anyone not entered that takes the time to vote.
                  Andy
                  Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

OK LAST CHANCE FOR VOTES - anyone is welcome to vote just send the email through please before Midnight tonight.

I can confirm that all entrants have now voted so there will be no disqualifications for that.

We have had 24 sets of votes in so more would be appreciated - it really could make a difference to the result you know.

Everyone vote tonight - don't miss out.

Thanks.

Andy.
                    Andy
                    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

VOTING CLOSES IN TEN MINUTES - COME ON - GET THEM IN IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY.

I have just received one through and now done my own votes in there and can say, it changed the results in one of the categories and could even change the overall winner result - so yes your vote really could count...
                      Andy
                      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

OK VOTING NOW CLOSED.

ALL voting emails have now been acknowledged - if you have not received an acknowledgement to your email, please PM me today.

I will announce the runners up of each category later today, winners the following day then the Overall Winner soon after/later in week.

thanks everyone for taking part and for voting.

Andy.
                        Last edited by Bhuna; 26-01-2016, 01:11.
                        Andy
                        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post
                          VOTING CLOSES IN TEN MINUTES - COME ON - GET THEM IN IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY.

I have just received one through and now done my own votes in there and can say, it changed the results in one of the categories and could even change the overall winner result - so yes your vote really could count...
                          you've been watching The X Factor too long :o)
                          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Ian...I think you've made the drum roll longer !
                            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                              Ian...I think you've made the drum roll longer !
                              I'm wearing out my refresh button Andy
                              Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Working...
                              X