Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge nš 122- Red

Red

For this challenge I'd like the colour red to feature in your image. Whether it is the only colour or one of others, or however much of it there is, it should be a major factor that makes the image memorable.
    There’s plenty of red all around us, of course, and/or you could get as creative as you like in post processing.

It would be great to have lots of entries, and I’d particularly like to encourage those new or shy on the forum to step forward and have a go. It’s designed to challenge yourself and have a bit of fun at the same time.

Judging the challenge will be based on the following-
    * fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light
    * Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

As ever I'll do my best to give friendly and constructive comments and find a winner based on my strictly amateur status and gut feeling!

Please read the general rules below. They are important……!!

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Please use an EOS Canon camera - DSLR or M series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

Closing date for entries is midnight Sunday October 16th...... enough time to think, snap, process and come up with a stunner.

Have fun, folks

Bo /Barbara
    Last edited by lunarbo; 29-09-2016, 08:09.
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Re: Challenge nš 122- Red

I'll just give this a nudge to move it above nš 121

Comment

Nudged again, Barbara, fancy changing the rules to say must use a Canon EOS Camera, see the thread running about it in this section, that will allow the M3 users etc to partake

• Please use a Canon DSLR.
      Last edited by TonyT; 27-09-2016, 13:13.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Rules amended to allow the M series cameras

Now get shooting ya'll, closing date Sunday 16th October.

Comment

But M does not cover Compacts which are part of the site as well. If it is changing to reflect one, then it really needs to reflect them all, or we will simply have this conversation again in the future.

Last edited by TonyT; 29-09-2016, 11:18.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

But M does not cover Compacts which are part of the site as well. If it is changing to reflect one, then it really needs to reflect them all, or we will simply have this conversation again in the future.

I merely amended the rules to reflect David (djguk47) ’s suggestion which seemed logical and to which all responding posters agreed.

There were some dissenters to the “ Open to All as long as it’s a Canon Camera” suggestion so I have left this at present. It’s difficult enough on a forum of this size reflecting varying opinions to find anything to which all seem to be in accord so I quit while we were ahead.

I see both sides in this discussion- on one hand let’s have as many entries as we can, on the other hand this is specifically an EOS forum despite having a Compact Section.

We have not yet heard from any Compact user who is complaining that they have been excluded: it is perhaps someone like that who should raise this topic again should they see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
              I merely amended the rules to reflect David (djguk47) ’s suggestion which seemed logical and to which all responding posters agreed.

There were some dissenters to the “ Open to All as long as it’s a Canon Camera” suggestion so I have left this at present. It’s difficult enough on a forum of this size reflecting varying opinions to find anything to which all seem to be in accord so I quit while we were ahead.

I see both sides in this discussion- on one hand let’s have as many entries as we can, on the other hand this is specifically an EOS forum despite having a Compact Section.

We have not yet heard from any Compact user who is complaining that they have been excluded: it is perhaps someone like that who should raise this topic again should they see fit.
              I understand that, but as the site has them all,

specifically an EOS forum despite having a Compact Section.
              That is the crux of the matter, it may well be an EOS site, but just because it is called the EOS site, it does not simply cover EOS, because it also covers None EOS models. Indeed the magazine also covers them, April to June covered the new bridge cameras.
              I would have thought it should reflect that, but no prob's, If I ever win I will let then play.
              Last edited by TonyT; 29-09-2016, 16:09.

Comment

Fresh from the greenhouse - don't get much redder -

7D + 24-105L.

Would have liked to have spent bit more time arranging these but they were urgently needed with some basil for a fresh soup....

Cheers, Chris.
                Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Red sky 1.jpg Hi my name is Clive Richardson, took this picture last week in Portugal, what do you think? Best regards Clive

Comment

You`ve been flagged

Reds in the Breeze by David Ore, on Flickr

Comment

The Bishop and other red clad clergy.

Order of St.Asaph-3rd Oct 2016 065 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Scotch Bonnet)

Peter

Feel free to browse my
                        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Barbers mannequin.
                          Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Red Blues/Jazz Guitar-man

IMG_9788-Edit.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

Comment

I think this fits the theme - DH88 Comet, Grosvenor House, winner of the 1934 MacPherson Robertson air race from Mildenhall, England to Melbourne, Australia

20161002_IMG_9512
                              by Steve Crampton, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X