We have had above average (i.e. double digit) numbers of entries for the last few themes, so let's keep that going and build on it too if we can. So for those new or shy on this forum, please give it a go. It provides not only a fun challenge and a reason to get the camera out, but it is a lovely confidence boost when someone completely independent judges your work kindly.
Judging will be based on the following-
* fulfilling the brief
* a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
* Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?
I will do my best to give friendly and constructive comments and find a winner based on my criteria stated above, bearing in mind I have absolutely no qualifications other than I know what I like.
The usual rules apply:
• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
• One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
• Please use a Canon EOS camera - DSLR or M series..
• Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
• Images 800 pixels widest max.
• No Photoshop frames and borders.
• Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
• Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
• No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
• I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).
Closing date for entries is midnight (GMT) Sunday 5 July, so 3 weeks to think, snap and play in PP. Have fun.