Challenge 164 - Greenscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 164 - Greenscape

I love being outside in open spaces, the air seems clearer and the greenness restores body and soul (unless it is raining or blowing a gale!), so this month’s challenge is Greenscape.

I would like an image of your favourite greenscape, the place you like to walk or visit; this can be for example your garden, a city square or park, forest, the countryside or a stately house garden or parkland. For those in apartments and unable to leave their confines, I’m sure you’ll have window boxes and houseplants - your chance to use your creativity. The image must convey the essence of the green space.

Having only joined the forum in April of this year myself to take up the challenge of improving my limited photography experience, I am a ‘newbie’ and wholeheartedly encourage everyone new or shy to join in.
    The monthly competition challenges your thinking (it gets those grey cells working!) and is a great way to come up with new ideas for photographs.
    I have learnt a lot from taking part and the friendly feedback.

Judging will be based on :-

* fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    * Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

I'll do my best to give friendly and constructive comments and find a winner based on my criteria stated above, bearing in mind my strictly amateur status, limited experience, and I have absolutely no qualifications other than I know what I like.

The usual rules apply;-

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

The closing date for entries is midnight on Saturday, 8th August 2020 (for those lucky enough to live in Scotland this period includes a bank holiday).

Good luck and above all have fun, I look forward to seeing your entries.

Rose.

It's winter here in NZ but still plenty of green to be had .....

Comment

First day out of post Covid19 lockdown at Downton Abbey / Highclere Castle

IMG_8353_tweaked by Jim Rowland, on Flickr

Comment

Staffordshire

a3-14 by brianvickers
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

A walk in the park...

My greenscape by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

IMG_5682_1_1.JPG The Great Masai Mara.

Comment

The Jurors, Runnymede.

The Jurors, Runnymede, with added sunset
              by AlexR!, on Flickr

Given this is a competition I should say that this was actually taken on a grey flat morning, the sky and rays were added in post processing within Luminar 4.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

My Greenscape

Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

You did say green didn't you?

Green Toms by John Liddle, on Flickr
                  John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Greenspace in front of my house.

Greenspace in front of my house. by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

"Growing Your Greens" - Epperstone, Nottinghamshire

6D2-0411 by Bob Owen, on Flickr
                      Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

This is the last full weekend before the challenge closes, so get your walking shoes, grab your camera and submit your Greenscape image......the clock is ticking!
                        Enjoy.

Rose.

Comment

Now a quiet green space!
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Norwich Cathedral from banks of the river Yare
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/caught/

Comment

Best foot forward girls and boys, this challenge closes at midnight on Saturday.
                              Rose.

Comment

Working...
                              X