• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 167

On my way to the market, I saw.....

Judging will be based on the following:
    * fulfilling the brief,
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light,
    * Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

I will do my best to give friendly and constructive comments and find a winner based on my criteria stated above, bearing in mind I have absolutely no qualifications other than I know what I like.

The usual rules apply:
    • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Use a Canon EOS camera - DSLR or M series.
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max.
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; although the image should convey the theme without title description.
    • No comments on images (on this or another thread) until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images.

Closing date for entries is midnight (GMT) on the evening of November 7th so you have just over 3 weeks to think, snap and process. Have fun.

Having said in another thread that we were still getting loads of entries for our Challenges, it is about time I got this one started.

I saw... a Pot of Gold (to pay for my stuff).

Bushy Park rainbow
    by AlexR!, on Flickr
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Lovely photo.
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw....These cows heading the same way.

Head them up, move them out. by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

I saw... A Hawker Hunter!
          Hawker Hunter gate guardian by Ian, on Flickr

This naval variant of the Hawker Hunter was set up as a gate guardian in tribute to an ex naval air station, HMS Peregine. The airfield was originally established in 1918 and finally closed in 1980, part of both runways are still there and, amongst other industrial uses, they are used to hold a popular Sunday market.

Ian
          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

I saw.....the local parish church.
            the local parish church by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

I'm not going near a market

Market by Stackman1, on Flickr

Comment

On my way to market I saw a chicken cross the road.

On my way to market
                by nigel winters, on Flickr
                Nigel
                EOS 80D, EF-S 55-250 4-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-55, EF-S 10-18, EF 50 1.8

Comment

Good Day all. It is Judgement day. 6 very exciting photos.

1. 'A pot of gold' : Beautiful day in paradise. Almost perfect framing, nice lighting. The big tree does not shine the rainbow. The dead tree on the lower right upset the Rainbow end for me.

2. 'Cows in the field' : What a story. The little house upper left, just below a flock of sheep, the road to the 'Market above the dam, and Farmer Gilles counting his heard. Top right a bit distracting.

3. 'Hawker Hunter' : Awesome, would get you to market the day before left. a little more sky would have been nice.

4. 'The local Parish Church' : Such a peaceful picture, make me want to enter. The Stone slab (sign) at the left of the door a tad distracting. the tower wall unfortunately burnt out .

5.'Not going to market' : The picture says it all. What a magnificent photo of a magnificent animal. love the way he is eyeballing the camera. Maybe a trip to the hairdresser's?

6. 'A chicken crossed the road' : Lovely bird. Excellent feather detail and perfect eye contact. The picture make me ask myself what was she eating on the other side. Middle back ground and legs a bit washed out.

6th runner up 'A chicken crossed the road' by EOSwinters (Nigel Winters).
                  5th 'The local Parish Church' By Lavenderhill (rose).
                  4th 'Cows in the Field' By Daisy M (David Miller)
                  3rd 'Hawker Hunter' By Farider (Ian).
                  2nd 'Pot of Gold' By AlexR.

The winner is 'Not going near a Market' by Stackman.

Thank you all for those wonderful photos I hope my comments do not offend, this is the first competition I have judged. thank you all.

Comment

Stackman well done and you are up, to choose the next challenge.

Comment

Thanks for setting the challenge Casa & well done Stackman. Looking forward to your challenge hopefully more entries for you, hard times for photography.

Comment

Well done Stackman and Alex and thanks to Casarova for the Challenge, judging and the comments.

Look forward to seeing your new challenge Stackman.

Ian
                        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Congratulations Stackman on first place, and to AlexR! & Farider for their podium places.
                          Thank you CasaRova for setting the challenge and your comments; your Challenge produced great photos by everyone.

I look forward to the next challenge Stackman.

Rose

Comment

Great photos from all those who entered.

Well done Stackman for winning!
                            Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Congratulations, Stackman, for such a lovely pugnacious image. He's not going anywhere is he?
                              Thanks for setting an interesting Challenge, CasaRova; really had to think about that one, and there were some very good interpretations.
                              Canon EOS 7D
                              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
                              X