Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 168 - "Fake News"

This has been changed, refer to Challenge 168A

Last edited by Stackman; 11-11-2020, 19:09.

For the first time in many months I will not be entering this months challenge:- 1/ Because I do not believe in altering shots & 2/ because where in the previous discussion on this was it agreed that we should not stick to the month of the shot? I know I am an old stick in the mud, but we just cannot go round changing rules Willy nilly. If you want to alter shots, surely lockdown is the time you can sit at the computer & compose an image? Maybe this should be moved to general discussion?

Comment

Sorry, this one is not for me either.
      Rose.

Comment

Oh dear, think I'll go and have a drink
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Sorry Stackman I’m not keen on this one either for a number of reasons:-

A. Only those that have have photo editing software are able to enter, this rules out some of our members that do not have it or wish to use it.
          B. It is not dependent on your photographic skill but on your skill in the use of the editing software.
          C. There is the risk, if the title is taken to literally, that submitted images could be contentious as this is a global forum.
          D. The subject of fake news is contentious in itself and in my opinion is totally the wrong subject to use as a title. It would be improved if all references to fake news were removed but my first two points would still apply

I have no problem in using software to enhance a picture, I use Lightroom a lot, but generating an image with the title fake news? No way.

As it stands I’ll be giving this one a miss.

Ian
          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Based on the feedback above I will cancel this and start a new Theme. Sorry this has cause these issues.

Comment

Working...
            X