Challenge 168A - Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 168A - Time

The theme for the next challenge is "Time".

Judging will be based on the following:
    * Fulfilling the brief,
    * A good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light,
    * Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

I will do my best to find a winner based on my criteria stated above, bearing in mind I have absolutely no qualifications other than I know what I like.

The usual rules apply:
    • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Use a Canon EOS camera - DSLR or M series.
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max.
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; although the image should convey the theme without title description.
    • No comments on images (on this or another thread) until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images.

Closing date for entries is midnight (GMT) on the evening of Saturday 5 December.

IMG_0001_1_bw_1.jpg Has time stood still?

Comment

Time....for reflection.
      Time...for reflection by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

A pocket watch pendulum.

Tick Tock by John Liddle, on Flickr
        Last edited by John Liddle; 14-11-2020, 12:51.
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

A Sign of the Times.

A sign of the times. by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

Scratched Time

DC_IMG_5272-Edit.jpg
            Using Tapatalk

Comment

The Times They Are A-Changin'
              Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Time Apart - Covid

2X3A3579b.JPG

Comment

Break Time

Break Time by nigel winters, on Flickr
                  Nigel
                  EOS 80D, EF-S 55-250 4-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-55, EF-S 10-18, EF 50 1.8

Comment

The March of Time....

EOR_4859_dpp1 by Ian, on Flickr
                    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

The Challenge is now closed. Thank you for the entries. They are all very good. I will review them over the next few days.

Chris

Comment

Many thanks for the entries, all were of a very high standard and it was pleasing to see the different ways the theme had been interpreted.

I'm not going to go through each one as they were all technically very good and it was difficult to choose between them, each had something that related to the theme - time. So it is down to my personal preference. I ended up with five very close images, all could have easily been in the top three.

My choice for the top three in reverse order are:

3 - Times they are a changin', a image that tells the story of changing times, the post process has emphasised the image,

2 - Time apart, a great close-up image, captured the detail of the watch workings well,

and finally the winner is

1 - A Sign of the Times, this sums up the strange times we are all living in, and had a real touch of humour.

Well done everybody who entered and particularly David, so over to you for the next challenge.

Chris

Comment

Congrats David. Thank you Chris (Stackman) For the exciting challenge. Well done everyone, the photos were awesome.

Comment

Thank you so much Chris, firstly for setting the challenge & secondly for picking my image, a true surprise considering the great shots of everyone else. Will set a new challenge tomorrow when I have thought about it & got over the shock.
                            Dave

Comment

Well done David and congratulations to the other podium places. And thank you to Chris for the challenge and the judging.

Look forward to your new challenge David.

Ian
                              Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Working...
                              X