No announcement yet.

Challenge 169 "Lights"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge closed, will get back with the results later.
    Dave

Comment

Spent a fair time going through these & it was very hard to make the last three & then it got harder. So good to see 10 entries during these difficult times to which I thank you all. The comments below are not meant as criticism just my opinion as a amateur judge.

Colin (Totnes) I was so sorry to disqualify your first entry for being out of the time of the challenge, as I think that was the better photo, mainly because that blue building on the left gave it a more balanced feel, a good sharp image on both of them though.
      Mark ( Christmas lights ) liked the variation in colours of the lighting & the sharpness you were able to get with all of them. Maybe crop the left hand side to take out the unlit house.
      Trev ( lights ) Usual Bartlett sense of humour. Maybe make the two sets of cans more symmetrical by getting the pairs to spell the “ Bud Light”, to add to the effort?
      John ( Firework ) A great shot sharp from top to bottom.
      Rose ( Thermometer) A well composed effort, bright & warming, maybe crop the top to take out that white semi circle.
      Alex ( Mist ) Cannot fault this, meets the brief & pin sharp.
      Gary ( Tay ) A view I know well, would have liked to zoom in on some areas, but not sure how to do that on SmugMug. But do like the tranquility of the shot.
      Ian ( Penguin) Some really sharp colours on an unusual subject, thinking outside the box is what I like.
      Brian ( Amp ) Another one thinking of a different lighting shot. Like the patterns achieved, could more of the floor reflection have been included?
      Peter ( Street Lights ) What a great seasonal shot, the street lights magnifying the snow so well. One small point, could the section of house on the right have been cropped out?

So in reverse order.
      3rd Peter ( Street Lights )
      2nd Alex ( Mist )
      1st John ( Firework )
      Very envious of that shot John, look forward to your challenge.

Dave

Comment

Well done to John for winning the photo challenge!
        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Well done, all great efforts ... got me thinking for next month

Comment

Congratulations John on your 1st place and well done to the other podium places. And thanks to Dave for the challenge and the judging.

Looking forward to your new challenge John.

Ian
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Well done all and to David for his time in running the Challenge
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Well done John, Alex and Peter...thanks to Dave for running the challenge....looking forward to the next one
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thank you Dave, for running the challenge and judging - it was good to see the different interpretations of the subject.

Congratulations to John for first place and to all the podium places. I look forward to the next challenge.

Rose

Comment

First of all, many thanks to Dave for setting and judging the challenge, which produced some strong candidates.

Secondly, thank you for the kind comments about the image.

Thirdly, I am off to see if I can find my thinking head (I suspect most of you are old enough to remember John Pertwee in Worzel Gummidge) and will be back with a new challenge when I have thunk.
                    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Congratulations to all who entered images , not forgetting thanks to David for setting and running the challenge and reviewing the entries.
                      Peter

Feel free to browse my
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Congratulations John for winning image and well done Alex and Peter. A big thank you to David for running the challenge.
                        Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Congratulations, John; a wonderful and deserving winning image amongst some other really ingenious and fascinating entries..
                          Thanks for setting and judging David.
                          Canon EOS 7D
                          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
                          X