Challenge 180 - Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 180 - Together

The theme for the next challenge is "Together".

This is the time of year when we get together and things go together, so there is a wide range of possibilities for this challenge. I'm looking forward to how you interpret the title.

Judging will be based on the following:
    * Fulfilling the brief,
    * A good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light,
    * Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

I will do my best to find a winner based on my criteria stated above, bearing in mind I have absolutely no qualifications other than I know what I like.

The usual rules apply:
    • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Use a Canon EOS camera - DSLR or M series.
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max.
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; although the image should convey the theme without title description.
    • No comments on images (on this or another thread) until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images.

Closing date for entries is midnight (GMT) on the evening of Sunday January 2nd 2022.

Just a friendly bump
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Together - Cactus flowers
      Cactus flowers by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

Baubles Together!
        Baubles Together!-1 by Ian, on Flickr
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge (Together)
          Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

If ever there was a time for the subject of Chris’s challenge it has been over this festive period. Surely this forum can put up more than three shots on the subject of “ together”. Two days of the New Year to submit some entries, get on with it you lot.
            Dave

Comment

Together for Spring ..

20211231-359A5508-Edit.jpg
              Russell
              Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Clustered Together

Clustered together
                by AlexR!, on Flickr
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

The Challenge is closed. I will review the submitted images and get back to you.

Chris

Comment

Many thanks for the entries, all were of a very high standard and it was pleasing to see the different ways the theme had been interpreted.

I'm not going to go through each one as they were all technically very good and it was difficult to choose between them, each had something that related to the theme. So it is down to my personal preference. All could have easily been in the top three.

My choice for the top three in reverse order are:

3 - Clustered Together, a more abstract image and well taken

2 - Together for Spring, sums up the theme together,

and finally the winner is

1 - Baubles Together, this sums up the theme and the festive season.

Well done everybody who entered and particularly Ian, so over to you for the next challenge.

Chris

Comment

Thank you Chris for the Challenge, judging and results; it was a good theme and the entries were good.
                      Well done Farider and the podiums placees.

I look forward to the next Challenge.

Rose.

Comment

Well done Ian, looking forward to your challenge, thanks Chris for setting it. It is a pity more didn’t enter, but loved all the images.
                        Dave

Comment

Thank you Chris for setting the challenge and the difficult task of judging the entries, Good luck with the next challenge Ian.
                          Russell
                          Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Thank you very much Chris for the challenge and the first place and well done to my other podium places; it was much appreciated in an excellent set of pictures although it would have been nice to have seen a few more.

I will contemplate upon the next challenge and post as soon as I have decided!

Ian

Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thanks Chris for the great theme, shame there were so few entries but that is normal for this time of year; should pick up from now.
                              Congratulations for your lovely winning image, Ian.
                              Canon EOS 7D
                              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
                              X