Challenge 182 Pancakes and Valentine's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 182 Pancakes and Valentine's

The challenge this month is to submit an image associated with Valentine's Day or Pancake Day...which are on Monday 14th February and Tuesday 1st March....usual rules apply.

Please feel free to be as creative as you like, colour, mono, narrow or wide depth of field, bright or dark, natural or artificial light.......it's totally up to you.

Please enter, you have two events to focus on....if you get to valentines and suddenly remember the challenge then you can always have a go at pancake day.

Judging will be based on :-

* fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    * Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

The usual rules apply:-

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series...and with any lens including third-party..
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. (now until 4th March)
    Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title.
    • Please resist the urge to comment on the entries until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images .

The closing date for the Challenge is midnight on Friday 4th March 2022 midnight (UK time)

Good luck everyone....enjoy!!!
    Last edited by @imagesBV; 07-02-2022, 07:29.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

A Red Rose

A Red Rose-1 by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

A good early start to this challenge
      (I can comment as the challenge setter)
      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Valentine Day Bouquet
        Attached Files
        Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Valentine

Valentines by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

A Valentine's High Tea Event

02-17 Baby Yoda at Tea by tesarver, on Flickr

Tom

Comment

.......dont forget your pancakes ....oh...and take some photos for the competition...
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Homemade Valentine Humour.

Old Folks Valentine Humour. by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

Challenge closed….watch this space
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Thanks for all the entries...I having reviewed all five I have chosen a winner.

The first entry was an excellent image of a single rose by Farida, beautifully arranged with nice colour and detail, expertly shot with a completely black background.
                    The second by Springfield photo was a direct challenge to the first....having spent a little more money at the florist it is excellent in every aspect
                    The third was not a Rose but submitted by Rose / Lavenderhill...a nice objective shot of a love spoon (I think), superbly executed with good control of shadows and clean background
                    The fourth by tesarver is subjective, a nice shot of an event in celebrating valentines
                    The fifth and last entry by Daisy M old folks valentine humour

And the winner is......drum roll......Valentine Day Bouquet by Springfield Photo....
                    Second place....A Red rose by Farida
                    Third place - Valentine by Lavenderhill
                    It was hard to split first and second but I think the reds were managed a little better in the first place shot....so congratulations Springfield Photo....I look forward to the next challenge after you've finished celebrating your win..
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Well done Alan and all on the podium, such a pity we didn’t get more entries, some of the new members should have a go, looking forward to your challenge Alan and thanks Brian for setting this month.

Comment

Well done Alan on your win and congratulations Rose. And thank you Brian for the challenge, judging and comments.

looking forward to your new challenge Alan!

Ian
                        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thanks for the accolade. I will sort out and idea for the next challenge ASAP
                          Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Thank you Brian for the Challenge, judging and kind comments, loved all of the entries.

congratulations to Alan on your win and well done Farider.
                            I look forward to the next Challenge.

Rose

Comment

Well done Alan for winning.

Well done also to all those who entered, they all look nice photos.
                              Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X