Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 187- Planes,Trains and Automobiles

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Holiday season is here which I'm sure might provide some good opportunities for this challenge.
    Using the title to one of my very favourite films. Let's see what images you can get featuring one, two or all three of the above title subjects in a creative and interesting photo.

Judging will be based on the following-
    * fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and exposure..
    * Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

Looking forwards to seeing your creative images on this theme and happy to give constructive critique on them.

The usual rules apply:
    • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Please use a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

Closing date for entries is midnight August 3rd .... This should be enough time to get your thinking caps on, take your masterpiece and then finalise it in PP

All the best,

Enjoy,

Jeff.
    Last edited by Coolcat; 07-07-2022, 06:47.
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Are you living in hope Jeff - Flights Cancelled, Rail Strikes, Cost of Fuel spiralling - perhaps you should include Bikes.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
      Are you living in hope Jeff - Flights Cancelled, Rail Strikes, Cost of Fuel spiralling - perhaps you should include Bikes.
      See…..A proper challenge for you all
      Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Contrails over London

Contrails over Royal Courts of Justice
        by AlexR!, on Flickr
        Canon EOS 7D
        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Red Arrows Display, RAF Leeming, Families Day 21 July 2022

Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

My daughter's beloved Morris Minor "Doris" stands ready for honeymoon duty at her repeat (non covid-restricted) wedding.

Doris at Ridgeway Barns by John Liddle, on Flickr
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Land Rover
              by Nigel Winters, on Flickr
              Nigel
              EOS 80D, EF-S 55-250 4-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-55, EF-S 10-18, EF 50 1.8

Comment

Shinny wheel

Wheel by Chris Haigh, on Flickr

Comment

For Sale. Needs some TLC.

For Sale, needs some TLC. by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

Hi all,

Apologies for not being on here and thanks for the PM Dave.

I will select the winning images tomorrow and update on here.

Thanks everyone for taking part.
                    Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Hi Guys and Gals,

So sorry for my late response.
                      Work has been a bit hectic and I have had deadlines to get the work in.

So, a quick rundown on my thoughts on each image and then a 3rd, 2nd and overall winner.

AlexR 'Contrails over London'
                      Interesting perspective and very well exposed keeping plenty of detail in the structure without blowing the sky out. Glad you said contrails and not chemtrails!

ST-EOS 'Red Arrows Display'
                      You know it's summer when the Red Arrows are putting on a display. We have them displaying here in Clacton at the end of this month.
                      A well timed shot capturing them at just the right moment .The subjects nicely exposed against the sky which can be a challenge.

John Liddle 'Doris'
                      What a lovely setting the Morris Minor is finding itself in.
                      The path is a nice leading line taking you through the lovely gardens to the house and the car. Lots of well captured detail in the scene.

EOS winters 'Landrover'
                      Nice bit of number plate removal and conversion to monochrome. Without the plate info you can imagine this was taken many moons ago.
                      Well done keeping the verticals well, erm.....vertical.

Stackman 'Shinny Wheel'
                      I'm enjoying the reflections you have captured here. Well controlled exposure in what looks like it could have been midday sun.

Daisy M 'For Sale'
                      That'll polish out, it's not quite a 'Barn Find' though!
                      Lovely bit of Urbex type of photography there. Makes you want to explore the area further.

Okay.

Thanks everyone for taking part and once again sorry for my late response.

Drum roll please....................

In 3rd place........John Liddle 'Doris' Wonderfully captured photo for the Happy Couple

In 2nd place.......Daisy M 'For Sale' Great urbex image and makes the viewer want to see more

And the Winner is........ST-EOS 'Red Arrows Display' A well executed shot showing off the Red Arrows at their best

Over to you Peter for the next challenge

Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Jeff, for setting and judging, some great shots to pick from. As usual constructive comments.
                        Well done to Peter, looking forward to your choice of subject. P.S. told you to enter a shot.
                        Dave

Comment

Jeff, just looked up urbex? In fact this shot was way out in the middle of nowhere ( near a deserted Italian 2nd w.w. Prisoners camp) so I guess it is rurex?

Comment

I am delighted to be on the podium in such distinguished company!

Many thanks to Jeff for setting and judging the challenge.

What's next then Peter?
                            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Wow I didn't expect to get placed in this let alone win. Congratulations to all who entered, thanks to Coolcat (Jeff) for the feedback for all of the entrants.
                              I shall have put my thinking cap on and create the next challenge.
                              Peter

Feel free to browse my
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
                              X