Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 188 "Trio"

Subject:-Trio

Trio” in other words the subject for this challenge is three of something of your choice.

I hope that should give you plenty of opportunities to come up with an image for this challenge that is well focussed and composed and has a trio of things/items as the subject matter.

Hopefully the challenge will encourage people to enter and most of all have fun.

Judging will be based on the following:-

* fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and exposure..
    * Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

Looking forwards to seeing your creative images on this theme and happy to give constructive critique on them.

The usual rules apply:
    • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Please use a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

Closing date for entries is midnight Sunday 4th September.

This should be enough time to get your thinking caps on, take your masterpiece and then finalise it in PP

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Just a little day five (since posting) Bump
    Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Three haystacks in the morning sun.

Morning walk by Chris Haigh, on Flickr

Comment

A trio of balloons from the Bristol Fiesta

Trio by John Liddle, on Flickr
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Mother and daughters - Gospel Singing Trio
          Attached Files
          Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

I thought that this small vessel had an unusual sail configuration, a quick internet search seems to indicate its either a Ketch or a Yawl depending on the exact location of the mizzen mast. I leave it to those who know about sailing to decide!
            Anyway, its an attractive small boat and it has three sails!

EOR_6427_sailng _home by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

It's officially a Yawl as the helm position is forward of the mizzen mast.
              Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Autumn Crocus.

EOS Challenge. by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

Pedal boats

Pedal boats by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

Two's Company........

Two's Company..... by Bo Bett, on Flickr
                    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Just a little bump to see if it may encourage some more entries, this challenge closes at 24:00 hrs today
                      Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Morning all, this challenge is now closed. I will lock myself in a darkened room and cogitate. Hopefully I shall be able to give my feedback later tonight.
                        Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Thank you to all who contributed to this challenge,. I’ve enjoyed studying them this evening, after spending most of the day painting garage facia boards!

The entries cover a diverse set of subject matter; all of which met the brief.

I’m not a judge, I can only comment on what I see in the images. Please see below my thoughts on each of the images.

Stackman (Chris): “Three haystacks in the morning sun”.
                          I really like the colours through this image the gold of the stubble with the green stripe and the stacks combined with the different colours of the tree foliage work well. The trees on the hilltop/horizon adds another element to the image. Well done for being up and about in the early morning.

John Liddle: ”A trio of balloons from the Bristol Fiesta”
                          The colours on the nearest balloon make it really stand out from its two companions; it reminds me of one of those colour balance checker things. It would have been nice to see a little more separation between the balloons but they go where they go I suppose. My only real suggestion with this image would be to have included all of the round bales that are nearest to the camera.

Springfieldphoto (Alan):” Mother and daughters - Gospel Singing Trio”
                          I see lovely lighting in this image; of three lovely ladies with great eye contact. Having studied the image it made me wonder if there was any significance around Mother and one daughter’s designer rips to their jeans but no shoes and the other daughter with her shoes on but no trauma to her jeans. I doubt that it was a deliberate decision to pose them like this, but it did make me wonder.

Farider (Ian): “Sailing dingy”
                          Nicely controlled exposure in this image, what a shame the yawl was called Curlew 11 and nor Curlew 111. It’s just a shame about all of the vehicles parked behind the main subject.
                          Daisy M (David): “Autumn Crocus”
                          Great colours in the crocus that really makes them stand out from the background. It looks like they and some of the foliage behind them has been nibbled by “Wee Beasties” earwigs’ maybe.

Lavenderhill (Rose):” Pedal boats”
                          Nice sharp subject matter with the addition of their full reflections, shame about the rather bland sky in this one.

Lunarbo (Barbara):” Two's Company......”
                          The subject matter suits your choice to go for B&W. A lovely image sadly I don’t recognise any of the subjects. Your choice of title works well with the positioning of the busts with more space between the middle and RHS one. The eyes of middle bust even though it’s difficult to see any pupils seems to be staring at the viewer. I’m intrigued about what looks like a wooden box between it and the pedestal which only the middle one has. The bust on the right reminds me of a caricature of one of our previous Lady Prime Ministers. The one on the left has a very smug look about him.

Overall an excellent set of images, ranking them choosing a winner and placing wasn’t easy. However, taking into account the challenge, I have cogitated; stopped for a beer and cogitated some more and eventual reached a conclusion.

My results are as follows:-

1st Lunarbo (Barbara) with "Two's Company...."

2nd Springfieldphoto (Alan) with ):” Mother and daughters - Gospel Singing Trio”

3rd Daisy M (David): with “Autumn Crocus”

Well done Barbara, and to all of you who took the time to enter the challenge.

I shall now hand over to Barbara to choose the next challenge
                          Last edited by ST-EOS; 05-09-2022, 21:18.
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Well done Barbara, Alan and David and thanks to Peter for the competition, comments and judging.

look forward to your new challenge Barbara

Ian
                            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Grateful thanks to Peter for setting and judging the challenge.

Well done to the podium persons - and we look forward to Barbara's challenge!
                              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
                              X