Challenge 192 - Fill the Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 192 - Fill the Frame

The Challenge this month is a compositional one; to create an image where the primary subject completely fills the frame, So not an item that is within a background, but something that goes all the way out to the edges and beyond. It could be recognisable or abstract, the important thing is to get out there and have fun with it, and maybe you'll capture an image you wouldn't otherwise have done. I know some of my own favourite images have come from things I didn't know I was looking for until I was doing one of these Challenges,

Judging will be based on:
    * fulfilling the brief.
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    * having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

I’ll do my best to give friendly feedback and constructive comments and to select a winner based on the criteria stated above.

The usual rules apply:
    • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M / R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

The closing date for the Challenge is midnight (GMT) on 31 Jan

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, Aurora HDR Pro
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Shot from the kitchen
    Attached Files
    Alan

2 EOS 5D Mk IVs, EOS R6, EOS 3 (film camera), Canon 20mm f2.8, Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 105mm f1.4 Art, Canon 85mm f1.8, Tamron 24-70 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS Sport and Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro. Canon RF 24-105mm STM

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Another from the kitchen - this year's 3-fruit marmalade cooling a little before I stir in the malt whisky and pot it up.

Marmalade 2023 by John Liddle, on Flickr
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Raging Surf
        Taken yesterday at the seafront with large waves crashing on to the beach

Raging Surf by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Old Pub sign

Morland by Chris Haigh, on Flickr

Chris

Comment

Nuts
            Nuts by tesarver, on Flickr

Tom

Comment

IMG_1117 (1).jpg Rapids
              ​​​​​

Comment

Rose

Rose by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

Freeze

Freeze by Nigel Winters, on Flickr
                  Nigel
                  EOS 80D, EF-S 55-250 4-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-55, EF-S 10-18, EF 50 1.8

Comment

Working...
                  X