X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 195 - A Different Perspective

HI All,

This month’s challenge subject is "A Different Perspective"

I'm looking for how you might view the world, objects, buildings, people or animals from a different perspective. Hopefully this will give you all a challenge but a chance of submitting something.

Judging will be based on:
    • fulfilling the brief.
    • a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    • having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

Once the deadline closes, I will go away and review all images and select a top 3 with a winner based on the criteria stated above.

The usual rules apply:
    • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M / R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread - until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

The closing date for the Challenge is midnight (GMT) on Sunday 14th May.
    Nigel
    EOS 80D, EF-S 55-250 4-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-55, EF-S 10-18, EF 50 1.8

Jaws....post lunch
    (otherwise a tulip)
    Rose

Jaw post lunch by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

Back of the stands at Lord's

From the Nursery Ground
      by AlexR!, on Flickr
      Canon EOS 7D
      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Definitely a different perspective....

This is currently the view of the mouth of the River Arun. This rig wasn't there on Saturday!

Apparently the 100 year old wooden harbour wall was damaged during dredging and is now structurally unsafe.

An unusual perspective by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

A little Bump to encourage people to enter.
          Nigel

Comment

Just add rowers

Rowing Boat by Chris Haigh, on Flickr

Chris

Comment

Grand piano. The workings of

IMG_1831 (2).jpg

Comment

Just a bump up

Comment

This is not quite the image I wanted - I had planned to return to the green house today, clean the glass, and have another go, but the snail had other ideas and had moved on.

Slimy foot by John Liddle, on Flickr
                  John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

I missed this one due to a computer problem, but wish the results would come up, so I can enter the next one.

Comment

First thank you to everyone who entered. I’m sorry its taken me a while to get round to judging this. I have tried not to look at the photos until the end so as not to prejudge. Please note, I’m not a ‘Judge’, these are my own thoughts and I hope you take them as they are meant.

Jaw post lunch by Rose – A great image which immediately I wanted to look and figure out what it was. I think the only thing that spoils it for me is the depth of field.

From the Nursery Ground by AlexR! – This is a different perspective on a venue, the TV and press cameras don’t show this area normally. I like the concept but get distracted by the nets on the right and wonder is there was another angle that might have made a better photo.

An unusual perspective by Ian – A well taken photo, horizontal and vertical lines are nice and strong in my mind but I don’t find anything for the eye to settle on.

Rowing Boat by Chris Haigh – This image was another that I found myself wanting to explore. The almost monotone to the picture, in itself, is intriguing. Well seen and a great photo with good depth of field over the seat and most of the shot.

Grand piano. The workings of by NarthCarr91 – Once again this was another picture which you can explore with the eye. The lines of the string contrasted by th round aperture and the strong struts radiating out all make for a wonderful picture.

Slimy foot by John Liddle – I love this view, it meets the brief. While the glass is not clean I don’t think that matters. A greater depth of field so I could see more definition in the shell would I think have helped.

Finally the placings:
                      1st - Rowing Boat by Chris Haigh
                      2nd - Grand piano. The workings of by NarthCarr91
                      3rd - Jaw post lunch by Rose

Thank you all once again for entering. Well done everyone. Over to Chris for the next Challenge.
                      Nigel

Comment

Thank you Nigel for setting the Challenge and judging; it was interesting to look at objects with a difference perspective .
                        They were great pics from everyone.
                        Well done NathCarr91 for your podium place.

Congratulations Chris, well done on first place - I look forward to the next Challenge.

Rose

Comment

Well done podium places a worthy first place Chris, look forward to your challenge.

Comment

A big thanks to Nigel for hosting this months challenge, very interesting indeed. Certainly made me look at things differently and is something I'll take into my photography more often.

Well done Rose on your podium finish
                            And a huge well done to Chris for his first place, very well deserved.

Look forward to seeing what challenge you set us all

Comment

Thanks Nigel for the challenge.

Wow, I didn't expect that. I took the photo when I was watching the Wallingford Regatta race at Eaton Dorney. Just trying to get something different!

Well done to everyone else, Particularly Rose and NathCarr91 on podium finish.

I will set the next challenge in a day or two, as I hadn't thought of anything.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X