Challenge 196 - Celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 196 - Celebration

This month’s challenge subject is "Celebration".

I’m going to my daughter MSc degree ceremony soon and that is a big celebration for us. As per the title your photos can be of any type of celebration, celebrating or a reason to celebrate.

Judging will be based on:

* fulfilling the brief.
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    * having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

Once the deadline closes, I will go away and review all images and select a top 3 with a winner based on the criteria stated above.

The usual rules apply:
    • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M / R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

The closing date for the Challenge is midnight (GMT) on Sunday 25 June 2023.

A cause for celebration - This is the first time in years that I've had a cacti in flower!

8X6A2266 by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Sunrise, in celebration of the dawn of a new day.

Sunrise by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

The Celebrations will be if I can get my washbag into the suitcase before flying off tomorrow to New York.

EOS Challenge by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

Many thanks to all those who submitted a photo, all were of a very high standard. The interpretation of the theme was different to what I had expected, but it was pleasing to see the imagination in the photos.
          The photos were all technically very good and it was difficult to choose between them. So, it is down to my personal preference, trying to judge each image on what the photograph means, why was it taken, etc. All could have easily been in the top three

My choice for the top three in reverse order are:

3 - The Celebrations will be if I can get my washbag into the suitcase before flying off tomorrow to New York, hope you got to New York okay, with your wash bag, the photo made me smile.

2 – A cause for celebration, I know what you mean about cacti flowers I have one that only flowers occasionally, it is a good photo with vibrant colours.

and finally, the winner is

1 – Sunrise, this sums up the theme, is beautifully taken and well done for getting up so early.

Well done everybody who entered and particularly Rose, so over to you for the next challenge.

Chris

Comment

Thanks for setting it Chris, a pity more didn’t enter, well done Rose and Ian, look forward to your challenge Rose.
            As for the trip, should have took off today at 9.40 am, flight cancelled, got booked on not flight, that’s delayed due to thunderstorms in NY, so should get away from “lovely” Edinburgh Airport by 4 pm. A lot of retail therapy going on by the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
              Thanks for setting it Chris, a pity more didn’t enter, well done Rose and Ian, look forward to your challenge Rose.
              As for the trip, should have took off today at 9.40 am, flight cancelled, got booked on not flight, that’s delayed due to thunderstorms in NY, so should get away from “lovely” Edinburgh Airport by 4 pm. A lot of retail therapy going on by the wife.
              Hope your flight is on time, have a lovely trip to NY; I look forward to seeing some pics in due course.
              Rose.

Comment

Oh wow, didn’t see that coming.
                Thank you Chris for setting the Challenge, and the judging; thank you too for the incentive to get up early. .
                Well done Ian and Daisy for your podium places.

I’ll go away and think about the next Challenge.

Rose

Comment

Well done Rose, it was a lovely pic and well done David. And thanks to Chris for the challenge and the judging

look forward to your new challenge Rose

Ian
                  Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

It had been forever since I was last on here, only because I am a very much non-active forum member but I have made up my mind to start getting more involved and so I am looking forward to Rose's challenge.

I am sorry I missed the 'Celebration' because mine would have been FiiiiNALLEEE finding a beautiful poppy field (After two other attempts) that I could actually get to and access easily - especially for my sister who requires a walker to help her along.
                    Cheers
                    Dinah

Comment

Originally posted by Disee.Wise View Post
                      It had been forever since I was last on here, only because I am a very much non-active forum member but I have made up my mind to start getting more involved and so I am looking forward to Rose's challenge.

I am sorry I missed the 'Celebration' because mine would have been FiiiiNALLEEE finding a beautiful poppy field (After two other attempts) that I could actually get to and access easily - especially for my sister who requires a walker to help her along.
                      Cheers
                      Dinah
                      Hello Dinah,
                      Good to hear from you; I'm sorry you missed the last Challenge you could always however post your pic of the poppy under one of the other headings of 'Nature Photography'. It would be good to see the image especially after finding the poppy field
                      Look out for the new Challenge, not long before it will be posted!
                      Rose

Comment

Well done Rose on winning this challenge. Lovely image.
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                        X