Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS End of Year Showcase, anyone ?

EOS End of year Showcase, anyone?

Last year I ran the end of year showcase for forum members, taking over the reins from Bhuna who had valiantly done the job for a number of years.

Fellow member Brian loaned us the use of his website to display images which were shown as thumbnails on the pages of the forum.

Major change this year as Mr Bo and I have now moved back to the UK, we are renting a house in the Midlands and living with basics and boxes while we hopefully complete on a house purchase a few miles up the road.

Nevertheless Muggins here is offering to run the contest again this year if there is sufficient interest. I feel it does showcase the very best of our images and gives members a chance to vote- anonymously- on the best of the best.

However Brian will not be able to assist this year. Is there another member with a website who could host pictures on a temporary basis? Last year we explored other options but for one reason or another flickr, imgurr and imgbb all did not work

So our options are:
    1. No contest
    2. Direct posting, it’s the same for everyone, 800px max to accord with Forum rules
    3. As last year but I need a member with a website to host the images in a max 5GB format

Let’s have your thoughts and comments ………………

Bo
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

EOS End of Year Showcase, anyone ?

Bo I have a Smugmug website that I would be willing to set up a gallery (or would that be a Gallery for each category?) for the showcase images.
    I would need to understand how it has been done previously?

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Re: EOS End of Year Showcase, anyone ?

Just wondering whether there will be the support for it now. However the best of luck
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Well done Bo for offering once again and thank you Peter for the web support.

I thoroughly enjoy the showcase competition, especially the transparency and blind voting, long may it continue.
        Colin

Comment

I agree with Colin's post.
          So well done Bo and Peter
          Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Over 530 views and only 4 comments, including Peter my willing volunteer assistant !!!!.

Last year - from recollection- we had about 20 members entering approx 65 images and less than 30 people voted - members who entered HAD to vote as a condition of entry.

It involves a lot of work for me and a lesser amount for my website chum, so before I commit again can I just ask for a bit more support at this stage ?
            We have had a number of newcomers to the forum this year and I am keen to encourage such members to not be shy and join in

Briefly the format is as follows:-

This is the opportunity for all forum members to show your best work alongside that of other members and for these images to be judged by your fellow peers.

You may choose up to 5 images, taken by you using a Canon EOS Camera between January 1st 2019 and December 31st 2019 and be in jpeg format. You will choose into which category they should go from the selection shown below but only 2 are allowed in the same category.

1. BLACK & WHITE only.
            2. HDR, COLOUR POPPING,INFRA-RED and any other photographic 'technique'
            3. LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHY - Landscapes, seascapes and the urban landscape.
            4. MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY - Close-ups of any subject.
            5. NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY - Animals, flowers and other living things.
            6. PEOPLE & PORTRAITS - Portraits, travel and street photography.
            7. SPORT & ACTION PHOTOGRAPHY - All sports and action.
            8. TRANSPORT - Cars, bikes, ships, boats, planes, etc.
            9. XTRA –OTHER -Anything else that does not fall into above categories.

Each image will be posted into one of 9 categories after the competition closing date and you will be invited to vote for your favourites. All votes are anonymous from everyone else- only you and the organiser will know how you have voted -but you are not allowed to vote for your own image. If you enter an image you MUST vote. If you have not entered an image then enjoy the display and then vote -we really welcome your votes too.

Entries and voting will be within the first 3 weeks of January

Ok please could I have some feedback from you out there so that I can be sure I'm not flogging a dead horse!
            Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

C'mon people.

This shouldn't be 530 views, this should be 530 comments. You must have an opinion on this ........... hopefully supportive!
              Colin

Comment

Just a little bump to bring this back into Focus,

My offer still stands re hosting the entries for people to veiw and then vote.
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Let's go for it then!
                  Colin

Comment

If submitting a stitched panorama would it count as one photo or the amount of photo's stitched together ?
                    End of Year showcase sounds like a good idea to me and one I would support.

Comment

Stitched pano's have been used before and as they are essentially one photo (many images), they count as one photo. Hope that helps.
                      Colin

Comment

I'd support it. I always enjoy making up the numbers and viewing others' gorgeous creations.
                        But there does need to be a bit of a critical mass to make it worth Bo's effort.
                        Canon EOS 7D
                        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

I’m in!

Bob
                          Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

I’d definitely support it.

Ian
                            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Me too.

With Bo offering to run it and after all the hard work Robert and the team have put in to get the Forum up and running again, it would be a great shame if collectively, we couldn't upload a few images each.

C'mon .............. let's show em what we can do to support the Forum.
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X