Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Things I learnt yesterday.. - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things I learnt yesterday..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I learnt yesterday..

I had a session with TonyT yesterday in the hides at Calke Abbey,using his 100-400L mKII,My first ever experience of hide shots.

From that,I've learnt valuable lessons for Slimbridge and in the future.First,not to have my Auto ISO maxing at 800,far too much noise,and degraded images as a result.In future it will be 400 max and manual ISO if needed.

Secondly,to use single frame most of the time,not 8fps bursts,too many bird shots lost from yesterday on burst.

His 1.4x tc doesn't work with the 100-400L on autofocus on the 7D,but seemed ok on manual.Therefore,it's not going to Slimbridge.

On the plus side,I've now got some idea on what hide photography is like,which will help a lot next week,I'm taking his 100-400 and 24-105L.

Also learnt how to counteract the"blinkies" I was getting,by using exposure compensation and changing aperture.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-01-2020, 16:29.

Every day is a School Day and it's good when we can get together and share our experiences.
    Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin,Tony suggested I used spot metering,the rest of the things I figured out for myself.

But yes,nice to share the experience with someone and learn from it.

Comment

Working...
      X