Photo Workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Workshop

The business park where I work organised a lunchtime photography workshop with a professional photographer, Simon Bray. I went along to support the idea, and in my workshop session it ended up being 1 to 1. Simon was very good and adjusted session when he realised I was an experienced photographer, he was expecting more camera phone users.

He focused on a few simple messages:
    • Use the camera to take what you see;
    • Keep it simple and don't worry about the technicalities, follow what draws the eye. Think less, feel more;
    • Look at what to include and what to leave out;
    • Take pictures that excites you, photography is an art form.
    Simon didn't focus on the technical side more about how to take what we see and make it interesting. He did make a couple of suggestions, while we were out taking photos, in the rain. He gave me somethings to try and think about. It was a worth while hour long workshop. Here as a few of photos I took.

booths park 3 by Stackman1, on Flickr

New life by Stackman1, on Flickr

booths park 4 by Stackman1, on Flickr

Took the last photo a few days later taken with my G12, I was interested to see how the lighting changed the mood.

tree by Stackman1, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Chris

Interesting Chris. I fully agree with the four points given to you by Simon Bray, especially the issue of 'Technicalities'. Personally I have no interest whatsoever in the technical side of photography anymore, spent too many years having to worry about it. The photographs that I take are a record of what I see, and at the time like. I don't mess with pictures in photoshop, most what I post on here never see's Photoshop or Lightroom's front doors. I think people worry too much these days about the technical side with the modern camera's being like mini computers. I have many friends all Canon users who look in on this site but will not post anything because they are afraid they will be criticised over the settings of the camera, or will be asked questions regarding the settings. I have another friend who is a technical geek with his camera, he comes up to photograph the badgers - or I should say he don't photograph the badgers. He spends so much time fiddling with settings to get what he thinks is right - the badgers have long since gone on their way.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
    X