Ideas required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas required

What are us old wrinklies going to do if they self isolate us over 70s? & we cannot go beyond our property, you will all soon get bored of shots from my garden hide. Not another Greenfinch, Blue Tit, Robin etc. I need help.

Macro
    Water splash
    Focus stacking
    Astronomical.....
    (just avoid posting too many selfies!)
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Mine will be all out of the Office, Dinning Room or Bedroom window. Started throwing scraps out in the field for the foxes, already got the deer - shot taken a few hours ago out the office window and the buck down by the fence, looking for pellets. Although there has been murmurings about decorating the lounge, dinning room kitchen

893 - Roe in Field 8930320 by Trev Bartlett MBE, on Flickr

894 Roe Buck - 8940320 by Trev Bartlett MBE, on Flickr
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

It would appear that vulnerable groups such as over 70's and if you are pregnant are advised to self isolate for three months.

What about pregnant over 70's? Does that mean six months?
        Colin

Comment

Colin Mrs B would never forgive me!!!
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

David, Just a thought, I’m aware of your aversion to post processing of your images. However given that you may be confined to the house for an extended period, it presents an opportunity to explore post processing. Most of the commercially available software applications have try before you buy options, thirty days springs to mind.

Trying three different application, one every month gets you through the expected lockdown period

Don’t overlook the Canon software DPP supplied free with your camera, you’ve access to that for free without any trial period, I would suggest that this is a very good place to start.

The self isolation could also be an opportunity for forum members to created a communal thread “How would you process this image” where an individual post an image and other members contribute with their ideas on how to process it.
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I don't think self isolation is meant to mean you can't move about freely-just keep to open spaces, keep your distance from people and don't make contact with anything other than through your walking boots.....(I'm not a medic or legal professional so I could be wrong)

I'm working...but the remainder of this week has been cancelled by my client because I visited a firm in Czech Republic last week, next week has been cancelled because the client is food manufacturer....., the week after I have 3 days work and after that I have a holiday in Nice (hoping I can get my EasyJet ticket refunded when they cancel the flight) looks like I'm going to be free to move around but have no income.

Trev.....murmurings of decorating should be surprised as long as possible for at least 14 days if not 12 weeks....I'm sure Boris said that yesterday!

Colin....I'm sure the reciprocal rule comes in there somewhere

For ideas....if you don't want to go out...

why not start uploading to Alamy or another stock library.....key wording your images passes endless hours
              try new free software for post processing
              Reorganise your library
              Apply for an RPS distinction - putting a panel together for assessment is a great opportunity to formally appraise your work with learning opportunities
              Build a new PC
              Write a technique guide or product review for the EOS magazine forum, web resource or magazine
              Start a new daily challenge for those in 'isolation'

Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Glad we haven’t got to stay indoors , living here we are self isolated 365 days of the year so when I do go out I never see anybody.
                Fancy both Peter & Brian ganging up on me using that double p word, one day, maybe one day?

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                  Glad we haven’t got to stay indoors , living here we are self isolated 365 days of the year so when I do go out I never see anybody.
                  Fancy both Peter & Brian ganging up on me using that double p word, one day, maybe one day?
                  Go for it David, I’m sure you won’t think it a waste of time
                  Peter

Feel free to browse my
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                    What are us old wrinklies going to do if they self isolate us over 70s? & we cannot go beyond our property, you will all soon get bored of shots from my garden hide. Not another Greenfinch, Blue Tit, Robin etc. I need help.
                    You could take pictured of the same view at different times of day and in different weather over the next few months to record how it changes. Stay safe.

Emyr

Comment

next time you go shopping buy some flowers and have a go at those indoors.
                      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Have a go at the latest Challenge!
                        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Working...
                        X