Macro Photography options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macro Photography options.

I am looking at nisi close up lens kit, @ around £120.oo I live in Kenya and the cheapest Macro lens would cost me over £500.oo any advise would be welcome. thanks.

Hi ya , that looks a nice bit of kit , though could I suggest you have a look at the Raynox close up lenses . http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digi...slr/index.html . I have used the 150 on a bridge camera with amazing results in the past , they have a lot of new models out since I used mine , but definitely worth a look . The one I have fits via a step up ring , so you can just clip and unclip , making them very versatile , for almost any lens , and easy to just clip off should you need to use the bare lens in a hurry . Dare say you can see some results on flikr if you tapped Raynox in a search there .

Comment

Thanks Lepus, on it right now.

Comment

Please let me know what you think , worth a good read up .

Comment

Hi Lepus. Had a good read up and it look much better. Cost wise I am confused, do I have to purchase individual filters for each lens. I would like to use it on my Canon EF70-200mm (67mm) and the EF300 (77mm)

Comment

YOU ONLY NEED ONE CLOSE UP FILTER . This is how I work it out , please dont shoot me if I am wrong . If you are looking at the Raynox 150 or 250 You may need a step up or step down ring depending on your lens filter thread , if your lenses filter thread falls between 52mm and 67 mm , then it will clip on and off with out the step up ring . So your step up ring needs to go from your lens filter size to somewhere between 52mm and 67 mm . From what your saying you should just get away with your 70-200 , it will work best with that lens I recon , but for your 300 you will need a step down ring from 77mm to something between 52 and 67 mm . Have a read and look at the answered questions here ;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raynox-RADC...s%2C219&sr=8-1
            Last edited by Lepus; 03-05-2020, 11:23.

Comment

Thanks so much for all your advice and time, much appreciated. I will go with your suggestion.

Comment

Hmmm ........... I have been through this route. Want to do macro, but couldn't afford the lens so I bought close up filters. Sort of OK results, but not what I wanted, so I also bought extension tubes and that was bit better.

Later I managed to borrow a proper macro lens and the results were amazing, just what I wanted. I still couldn't afford one, so apart from my day job, I worked behind a Bar 2 nights a week and drove Taxis 2 nights a week and it didn't take too long before I had my new Canon macro lens. I could have worked less at the part time jobs and have a second hand lens, or another make lens, but once I decided on the extra jobs route I didn't want to compromise.
                Colin

Comment

Colin, I completely understand. I will be looking around for a dedicated Macro but for now I am very limited with options. you are right get it right the first time.

Comment

Not sure how long ago Colin is talking about , and agree compared to a true Macro lens , filters will be a compromise . But those Raynox filters are very good , I think you will be pleased with results , just keep in mind the depth of field and the shutter speed , at high magnifications those are the things that could cause the main problems . Please let us know how you get on . Also you might like to have a look here , think these were using the Raynox 250 .

This group is to share any close-up images with this equipment. Exclusive photos with the Raynox DCR 150 o 250 lens, Set MacroExplorer 6, 12, 24X, Kit MSN-202 or 505, Kit CM-2000 or 3500. You can share your experience with it. About Raynox DCR 250 Limited at 10 per day for adding photos, but don't put 10 in at once please and thank you. The limit for this group doesn't ever change as long as I am still part of this group and as the original admin. This group doesn't have themes by the week, month or year, ever. COMMENT CODE: Please feel free to Copy & Paste this link when you comment on photos (Its not compulsory or anything), just a nice way to get the group known One award from RAYNOX250 Group www.flickr.com/groups/raynoxdcr250/ Please add the Tag: "Raynox DCR250" or "Raynox" Will appear like this: One award from RAYNOX250 Group www.flickr.com/groups/raynoxdcr250/ Please add the Tag: "Raynox DCR250" or "Raynox"

Comment

Thanke Lepus, I am going for the Raynox as a step towards getting a macro lens, at the moment nobody is shipping to Kenya, so I wait a bit longer. thanks everyone for the brilliant advice. Stay safe.

Comment

Working...
                      X