Sandisk CFexpress card reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandisk CFexpress card reader

A promotion that Canon had with the 1DX iii was a Sandisk 64gb cfexpress card in the box and a voucher to send off (or email which was quicker) for a free Sandisk card reader. After waiting several weeks, I got an email to say my claim has been validated and it will be sent in the next '90' yes 90 days. Has any lucky 1dx iii owner received theirs yet?

Hello Roy

I completed my application on 15th February and my claim was validated the following day, with a note advising that card reader would be dispatched mid to late April. Then the Coronavirus made its presence known and as the Sandisc factory is in China, there was bound to be further delays.

In the meantime, I have been uploading via cable and EOS utility. It does the job, but is a bit of a Faff, compared to a card reader and I now realise how quick and convenient a card reader is.

Two days ago, I received an email from Canon advising me that my Card Reader had been dispatched and supplied me with a tracking number. It has moved from "in warehouse" to "in transport", so I expect delivery in the next couple of days.

I'll let you know if the wait was worth the effort.
    Colin

Comment

My Card Reader has arrived.

I had an email on Friday that Hermes had my parcel and at the time I thought if Hermes has it, that will probably be the last I see of it. I kept checking the tracking App over the weekend and it hadn't moved an inch, then I finally got an update today that it will arrive after 3:00pm and ten minutes later there was a knock on the door.

All unwrapped, plugged in and uploaded my first batch of RAW's and it works fine, far quicker than cables and EOS Utility. It's only taken since February 15th.
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
        My Card Reader has arrived.

All unwrapped, plugged in and uploaded my first batch of RAW's and it works fine, far quicker than cables and EOS Utility. It's only taken since February 15th.
        You call that quick!

http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Hi Colin, Glad you have got your card reader. I am still waiting. So much so that I bought a Prograde card reader from the USA. I ordered late Wednesday evening and 36 hours later it was delivered by UPS. Now that's fast. My replacement 1dx iii is working nicely, but I still carry a spare battery as I find the 2000+ shutter count a bit high. How is your camera doing re battery power?

Comment

How is your camera doing re battery power?
            The short answer is ................. I don't really know. I haven't really used it enough to get the feel for battery usage, as I have only taken about a dozen shots since the lockdown.

However, where I did get use of it before shutdown with Short Eared Owls and a holiday in Norway, there was nothing to indicate any concern. I seem to recall a conversation with a Canon Rep that all the electronics had been optimised for improved battery usage, so if anything, I would expect better battery performance than the MKII. But, based on your experience, I will probably take a spare battery with me when I get an opportunity to use it in anger.
            Colin

Comment

Funily enough, I was out first thing this morning and l got a low battery warning. But as I had mentioned in my earlier post, I had a spare with me. I am sure it is just teething problems. Everything else is working fine. The AF is so quick. I do a lot of birds in flight and this camera locks on quick and stays on. I live by the Dee estuary in Cheshire so lots of birds to keep me occupied.

Comment

Hermes have just delivered my Sandisk Cfexpess card reader. I will leave it unopened and see if I can sell it as I now have the Prograde card reader. My new 1DX iii is wonderful and I have also had fantastic support from Frankie and Jon from Canon UK.

Comment

Working...
                X