6D and a crop lens..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6D and a crop lens..?

I just got my 6D and went to shoot today. I had my Tamron 17-50 2.8 and put it on. There was a dark ring around what I was seeing in the viewfinder. When i took the picture, again it had a ring around it, like a very bad vignetting. Put on my 50mm and also the 70-200, no ring.

So why did I get it with the 17-50? Is it because its a "crop" lens? I called a camera store to ask them and they said that it didn't make sense. PLEASE HELP..! Thanks..!
    Deniel - follow my useful website

I think your find the Tamron is for cropped sensor cameras , and that is the problem .

Comment

Copied from the Tamron website;

"Please note that Di II lenses are made for the exclusive use on digital SLR cameras with image sensors smaller than 24mm x 16mm. Di II lenses cannot be used together with a full format or 35mm SLR camera, as their image sensors are not able to cover the entire area of full format resulting in dark corners of the (i.e. vignetting becomes noticeable)."

Comment

As Lepus says it for a cropped sensor and also I'm surprised that it didn't foul the mirror on the 6d as the cropped lens protrudes further into the camera body
        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I echo Lepus's comment, I know someone that got the same problem, no answer to it
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

dpreview says....The Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) is a good value fast standard zoom lens for APS-C cameras

So the 6D is not APS-C it is a full frame.....so the image circle the lens produces is designed to cover the smaller sensor...hence the dark edges on the 6D ......the image circle isn't big enough for full frame.

The Canon EF-S lenses for APS-C cameras have a different mount so you cant physically fit their APS-C lenses to a full frame camera which have an EF mount not EF-S.

APS-C lenses made by third party manufacturers may have an EF mount as Canon APS-C cameras will accept both EF and EF-S lenses.

hope this helps.....I think the only answer is to crop the photos of change the lens.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
            X