Stealing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealing

Have just read on another forum I am on of a guy putting some shots of a White Tailed Eagle over Mull, none of these shots were his own, but he claimed they were his. Even when confronted by the person who took them & shown the original shots he still claimed they were his. Why do people do this? Have you come across it before? As I haven’t.

Once had a postcard sent to me by friends who were holidaying in Cornwall of Badgers, they knew I was very much into Badgers -- the picture was one of mine! I had originally let a magazine use it together with a load of others. Someone had sold it to the company producing the postcards. Found out later that they had also used several others, I took it to court and was well compensated.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Sadly an all too common occurrence. And there are some well publicised cases where the 'thief' is completely unrepentant. Others have been disqualified from major photo comps due to image theft.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I shot with a model once. After the shoot, he asked if he could have a particular shot in RAW - I told him, "No!" but as we'd had an agreement he'd get some shots from the the shoot, I'd let him have a watermarked .JPG.

Fast forward a few weeks and my wife said to me, "I didn't know you'd put a particular photo on a certain competition website." When I looked, there was my photograph - complete with watermark, entered in a competition under the models name. Needless to say, he's been banned from that site.

Now I use Pixsy.
        Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Originally posted by Jock View Post
          I

Now I use Pixsy.
          PIXSY - worth every penny.
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I found some of mine for sale on shutterstock, the guy wasn't even being careful, it had my copyright on the bottom edge, not only that, but in the month he posted some for sale he had been to Hong Kong, China, USA, UK, Germany, etc etc, some countries on other sides of the world by the EXIFS he visitied on the same day!

Shutterstock when pointed out shut his account on all their platforms and removed the lot.
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
            X