SmugMug and/or Flickr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SmugMug and/or Flickr?

I haven't been on here for a while so this may have already been touched on but I'm being bombarded by e-mails from SmugMug to update my subscription.

Now, as far as I'm aware the only subscription I have is the free one granted to Flickr users when they took it over and that must now soon be up. As SmugMug and Flickr are two separate entities not joining the former won't have any adverse impact on my continued use of the latter but is there any compelling reason why I would want to be a member of SmugMug in addition to (or in place of) Flickr?

Cheers,
    John

PS As far as I'm aware I've never even logged on to SmugMug let alone used it!

Hi John, If its a subscription site, no doubt they would very much like your money.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

John, Smugmug provide website services with various levels of service, I use their service for my personal website.
      If you've never had a personal website with them, then I suspect the emails that you are receiving from them relate to an account you have/had on Flickr which is now owned by Smugmug.
      It may be that you are getting close to having more images on Flickr than the quantity allowed for a "free" account. From memory I think the free account had a 1000 image upper limit.
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks guys, I've never had a personal website with SmugMug or anyone else (although I've considered creating one a few times) I do have the paid for 'Pro' Flickr subscription which enables sharing my snaps around and that's probably all I need.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
          ......... I do have the paid for 'Pro' Flickr subscription which enables sharing my snaps around and that's probably all I need.

Cheers,
          John
          Same here John - I don't see the need for anything more.

By the way - good to "hear" from you again!
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
          X