Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS Showcase 2020

2020 END OF SEASON SHOWCASE ??

I think we have all enjoyed the End of Year Showcase, both as competitors and mere lookers on. You may recall I took this over 2 years ago and have been ably assisted by my webmasters Brian and Peter

However as we approach the end of this year governed by Covid restrictions it is clear that members on this forum have been restricted by opportunity and enthusiasm and because of this I suggest we take a break for this year. Hopefully we can all return inspired in 2021

On a personal note I am not able to run it this year as I have currently have some health issues and we are also shortly moving house. Hopefully I will be on an even keel in the new year.

If there is sufficient interest from members to run the competition here, Peter would be again willing to offer his website to host the competition, but it will need a willing soul to coordinate entries etc

Your comments are invited

Bo

Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

With all the lockdowns and travel restrictions that have been in place this year travel and visits, the lifeblood of photography, have been in very short supply. As a result, this year, I haven’t had any trips out or holidays so would find getting entries difficult. I would think that giving it a break for this year would be good idea as I expect there will be other members in the same boat. It must take a lot of work to run it and it would be a waste if there were insufficient entries.

I hope your move goes smoothly Bo and you get your health issues sorted.

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

I would like to help and I have a budding young man willing to assist me also. Please let me know what is involved.

Comment

I agree with Bo, give it a rest for this year, I think we are all getting COVID depressed by the conversations on here.
        Hope the move goes well, about time you moved to Scotland Bo. Not the best time to move when not feeling to good, get well soon, we need some more shots from you.

Comment

As a newbie form April I do not feel able to comment on the Showcase, but I would like to wish you well, Bo, for your move and hope you feel better soon.
          Rose

Comment

Thank you to all who have replied, and for your kind thoughts and well wishes on my personal circumstances

CasaRova- In a nutshell I should reply that it's not just correlating entries and sending them along to my patient webmaster but dealing with matters arising........

Suffice it to say a lot of extra time is spent corresponding with entrants and voters who have not read or understood the T&C's correctly, or do not think I have represented their work correctly.

I have always believed in the importance of this competition but do not think that this year we will get enough entrants to make it worthwhile

Farinder puts it perfectly

For many of us 2020 has been a year to forget and I hope that next year we will move onwards and upwards

Bo

Comment

I also support a break this year.

Get well soon Barbara and I hope all goes well with the move.
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thank you John

Comment

Working...
                X