Copies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copies

I want to copy some old photographs of various size, ​some reasonable black and white circa 1930 and some greyish sepia 1913.
    Have tried scanning them and printing them on 150 x100 gloss photographic paper using a Canon MX 925 printer - result a pale blackberry wash colour. I have photographed them and printed them as before -result a deeper blackberry wash. I have straight copied them on the printer - result good colour reproduction but all limited to the original sizes.
    Please can anyone offer some assistance?

Just a couple of thoughts - did you set the printer to print in greyscale?

Between photographing and printing did you do any adjustments in an editor?

Comment

I did this a few months back with a couple of old sepia wedding photographs - not mine I would add Just photographed them on a copy stand, played around with them a bit in DPP then printed them off on Canon Photo Paper Plus semi-gloss --- Perfect
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thank you both very much.
        I don't think my printer has a greyscale option but I will do some investigating
        I had not thought of editing the results but will try it, sounds promising.

Comment

Not sure if I can add much, I’ve not had this issue (as yet!).
          The only time I’ve had anything close was due to the printer and I needed to run the clean printer head program, but In your case I don’t think it would be that as you scanned the images direct onto the printer and they where okay,

question - have you tried printing any other image form your PC (NOT one of your scanned items)?
          if you have and they are okay then your issue would be with the scan / editing.

for the greyscale try looking at the advance settings in your editing software rather than on your pc itself.

all scanned images of mine I’ve looked at in photoshop to correct any rips etc and they’ve printed ok.
          Rose.

Comment

Hi Rose, Thank you for your help
            Images from my PC print perfectly so I do not think the fault lies there.
            I have discovered more about greyscale printing but Canon's instructions are all a little above my pay grade but I will get there eventually!
            I am about to try some editing which I hope will solve the problem

Comment

Working...
            X