No announcement yet.

Garden Office/Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I live alone I have the benefit of three separate 'man caves', my studio, my workshop and now my new editing suite. A wife would probably want me to reduce this self indulgence. I, therefore, resort to my compressor and spray gun to deal with the fences, decking and the exterior of the workshop.
    Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SpringfieldPhoto View Post
      As I live alone I have the benefit of three separate 'man caves', my studio, my workshop and now my new editing suite. A wife would probably want me to reduce this self indulgence. I, therefore, resort to my compressor and spray gun to deal with the fences, decking and the exterior of the workshop.
      Lucky You, having said that I have a very tolerant wife who puts up with my abnormal and wayward lifestyle, even more so in the past when I was away and she did not even know where I was, nor could I tell her.
      Now I have my Study/Office which is my sanctuary, it's an unholy mess of camera and filming equipment, wood carvings and military equipment and photographs. I clean it myself and tidy it myself - I know then where everything is -- the last place I put it !!!!
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Trev. You being away and couldn’t tell the wife where you were is very intriguing ? Photography show was it? Tell us w e won’t tell anyone, honest.

Comment

Progress report.........Things have slowed down.
          Firstly the Garden office manufacturers phoned to say that the unit is ready................minus the glass for the double glazed windows and door. Apparently there is a shortage and they will let us know the moment the glass becomes available.

Next..............The new fence panels (different supplier) are also the latest casualty of the supply chain and they are also 'pending' delivery!

Lets hope the CO2 shortage doesn't have any cause to delay things still further

Fingers crossed my next progress report will have a little more err.........Progress
          Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
            Trev. You being away and couldn’t tell the wife where you were is very intriguing ? Photography show was it? Tell us w e won’t tell anyone, honest.
            Will PM you
            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Progress report........

Today the new fence panels fitted and at long last the garden office has been delivered.
              Work starts tomorrow on the build

Removal of old fence panels by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

New fence panels installed by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Delivery day 26th October 2021 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
              Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

This was the progress yesterday......

27th October build progress by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Todays progress....

Roof and glazing in today by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Now watertight which given the weekends forecast, can only be a good thing.

First fix electrics going in next week.

Then internal walls, floor, decorating, guttering and trim finishing off.
                Get the electrics finished and signed off and hopefully will be good to go
                Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Good to see the progress Jeff - very nice looking unit
                  Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                    Good to see the progress Jeff - very nice looking unit

Thanks Trev,
                    I'm looking forward to it all being finished and to put it to use.
                    Here's a quick video I did this afternoon to give a little idea of the unit.

Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Coolcat View Post

Thanks Trev,
                      I'm looking forward to it all being finished and to put it to use.
                      Here's a quick video I did this afternoon to give a little idea of the unit.

Very nice indeed Jeff, certainly looks a quality building, what heating are you having.
                      Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Really looking good Jeff - you'll be as happy as a pig in (insert your own word here) when you start using it.

I assume you will be sending out the inviations to the Office -warming do by PM?
                        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Here's mine - 20x10 ft, has light & power. Previous owners put it in as a home gym. It's a bit tight, as the other half insists on storing some token junk in here, but I manage. It's also a great workroom for print mounting, I just get the radio on and drift away..
                          Attached Files

Comment

I even managed to shoot stuff in it too! Here's an example:

image_16346.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post

Very nice indeed Jeff, certainly looks a quality building, what heating are you having.
                              Hi Trev,

It'll be electric heating, probably ceramic wall mounted heater/radiator or even just oil filled radiators. Will be having a portable air/con unit for the warmer months as well. The unit is (or will be when finished) fully insulated walls, ceiling and floor so should be relatively easy to maintain temperature. Got to get black out blinds as well but will do that once the floor is down, walls painted. Then I can decide on what type, colour etc.
                              The floor is a waterproof laminate dark grey (almost black) oak and the walls will be a mid grey tone. The ceiling comes in its completed form and is a white upvc tongue and groove style finish.
                              Have already ordered a few bits of Furniture and I'm on the look out for a shabby chic style chaise lounge. This will double up as a prop as well as somewhere to sit
                              Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by StuartMichaels View Post
                                Here's mine - 20x10 ft, has light & power. Previous owners put it in as a home gym. It's a bit tight, as the other half insists on storing some token junk in here, but I manage. It's also a great workroom for print mounting, I just get the radio on and drift away..
                                That looks a very useable space
                                Ideally I would have wanted something with a taller ceiling like you have but planning permission is required if we went for anything over the height we have got.
                                Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X