Windows 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 11

If you're getting bored with all these Bank Holidays and looking for something to do you may be tempted by the offer from Microsoft to upgrade your operating system from Windows 10 to 11 for free.
    My best advice is if you value your computer for your photography - don't do it.
    I did and the colours and quality of the image on my EIZO monitor was awful. I did a reprofile and guess what it was no better with a box coming up telling me the new profile was not installed. On to Google and up comes 'EIZO specifically recommend NOT upgrading to Windows 11' because it basically doesn't like or won't accept colour profiles from other software.
    I was lucky because you have 10 days in which to revert back to Windows 10, on day 11 you're stuck with it. and the garish over bright screen images it gives you.
    sceneitsnappedit

Thank you for the very timely warning, I had not considered my monitor. My elderly PC (although not compatible with Windows 11) is giving notice by not working so I have been looking at a new one but had thought my monitor would be OK to keep.
    I’ll now go and look to see if I need to replace my monitor too.
    Rose

Comment

Windows 10 is a good OS for most users, but there are some reasons not to upgrade to Windows 11. The first reason is the lack of drivers for your hardware. The second and third reasons are software compatibility and security concerns. The last reason is that it's too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavenderhill View Post
        Thank you for the very timely warning, I had not considered my monitor. My elderly PC (although not compatible with Windows 11) is giving notice by not working so I have been looking at a new one but had thought my monitor would be OK to keep.
        I’ll now go and look to see if I need to replace my monitor too.
        Rose
        I think your monitor will be ok to keep as the colours are controlled by software in the PC. I use Spyder4Pro. I recalibrate every 3 months. I don't like upgrading and tend to work on the theory that 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'! That's probably the main reason why I won't be changing to mirrorless.
        http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Sugden View Post

I think your monitor will be ok to keep as the colours are controlled by software in the PC. I use Spyder4Pro. I recalibrate every 3 months. I don't like upgrading and tend to work on the theory that 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'! That's probably the main reason why I won't be changing to mirrorless.
          Thank you for the advice, I’d rather keep my monitor and keep costs down so will just look to replace my PC initially. My monitor is from 2008…..I hope it puts on a happy face at being retained. I’ve not calibrated it so will look at that too.

I will not be changing to mirrorless anytime soon either, since I got my 5DIV I’ve not had any real time to learn what it can do so need to master that.
          Rose.

Comment

Working...
          X