EF 100-400L - what a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EF 100-400L - what a big one!

I've just bought a EF 100-400L from MPB and, my, what a big one!

The purchase didn't quite go to plan as after reading the specs of those on offer, choose the one I wanted and placed the order but after a couple of days no confirmation had arrived so I contacted them only to be told there was a glitch in their new system, my payment had failed and that I needed to place the order again.

This is where I made a mistake and hastily chose a different lens - the one with highest inspection rating (and price) - without checking what was included only to find when unpacked that it didn't include a case which is a problem as a 1.4kg lens can hardly by shoved into a jeans back pocket.

No, it needs its own case for protection and, while I now have one on order, I needed something for a trip I'm making from Thursday but was fortunately able to bring back into service the old camera bag I used in film days. Back then it would easily transport a EOS 5 SLR body, a EF 100-300 lens, EF 35-105 lens, 'nifty fifty', small flash and several rolls of film but now in the world of gargantuan digital bodies and huge IS lenses this bag can only just accommodate a 5diii and the 100-400.

Yes, this really is a big lens.

Cheers,
    John

Enjoy your new toy.

Sounds like your going to get a bit of muscle building exercise too...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

You are right John - it is quite a large beast - but hauling it round is worth it for the images it produces - I think it is a smashing lens.
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Would not be without mine - enjoy it, and have a good trip
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
        X