We are so spoiled these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are so spoiled these days

I was looking at an AP email that was discussing the relative merits of the various Canon R series cameras. One comment struck me, 5 FPS is probably too slow for action photographers. When I was a callow youth i was mad about motorsport and aircraft. These are fast moving objects and my camera was a Pentax Spotmatic (sorry for blaspheming). For those that don't know that had, lever film advance, manual focussing and aperture control via a match needle system. Amazingly I was able to get around an 80% success rate shooting, motorcycle racing, car racing. car rallying and air displays. 5 frames per second was a dream. Now we told that we need 10, 20 30 or even 40 frames per second to take action shots. That's total and utter rubbish we don't. I seldom use burst mode, preferring to use skill to get a single shot.. It's so much more satisfying. This sequence was taken as single shots.
    Attached Files
    Alan

2 EOS 5D Mk IVs, EOS R6, EOS 3 (film camera), Canon 20mm f2.8, Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 105mm f1.4 Art, Canon 85mm f1.8, Tamron 24-70 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS Sport and Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro. Canon RF 24-105mm STM

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

BTW these are small Jpegs for social media so the full size shots are better quality.
    Alan

2 EOS 5D Mk IVs, EOS R6, EOS 3 (film camera), Canon 20mm f2.8, Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 105mm f1.4 Art, Canon 85mm f1.8, Tamron 24-70 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS Sport and Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro. Canon RF 24-105mm STM

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Very well captured Alan, great work. My 40d I think is only capable of around 4-6 fps (I think) which your right is low by today's standards, but it's more than enough for me when I need it. I find perfected timing much more satisying than taking 40fps and not having to worry about thinking much

Comment

Working...
      X