Poster pics directly from PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poster pics directly from PC

Is it possible to post a pic or pics of reasonable size from ones own pc direct without going through Flickr or any one of the other sites?. Can for instance pics be posted directly from Lightroom to this forum.
    Answers please on a postcard......................just kidding.......... but would like to know it would save a lot of time.
    Cheers
    Treff

Re: Poster pics directly from PC

i dont know about this forum but it is something that can be done - on another forum i belong to its the only way of uploading as they dont allow externally hosted images. much easier that way

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Click on the 'Insert Image' icon from the line of icons in the reply window. This gives you the option to upload an image from your computer. Note that images must be under 1MB and no more than 800 pixels wide or high.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Many Thanks Robert. I think this will be a most helpful facility.
        Cheers
        Treff

Comment

Many Thanks Robert. I think this will be a most helpful facility.
          Agree, never realised it was there - may cause me a bit of a problem though as for the other forum the requirement is 900 px on longest side and no more than 250 kb

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Hi Treff

I always use the insert image facility and never had a problem.

chris
            Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
              Click on the 'Insert Image' icon from the line of icons in the reply window. This gives you the option to upload an image from your computer. Note that images must be under 1MB and no more than 800 pixels wide or high.
              When I upload an image from my PC I get to see a thumbnail only and not the actual size (with less than 800 pixels on both sides and less than 1MB)
              anand

Comment

Originally posted by anand View Post
                When I upload an image from my PC I get to see a thumbnail only and not the actual size (with less than 800 pixels on both sides and less than 1MB)
                What happens when you double-click the thumbnail?
                Robert
                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I have started posting mainly from my i-Mac and it is easy and fast. I do get only thumbnails showing but these open OK except the resultant image is certainly less than the 800px long side and less than the 500kb image that I uploaded. Pretty unsharp and dismal really. Am I doing something wrong?

David
                  PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

Hmmm for some reason my image will not upload. All in correct format etc, but the page is whited out. Perplexed.

Comment

Ingrid, I find the easiest way (and I think better quality) is to copy and then paste the BB code from Flickr (find it in the "share" tab). Others who have been on the forum much longer than me might be able to guide you on other methods or their preference.
                      If you're wanting to upload directly from your computer rather than via Flickr, I can't think what the problem might be, I'm afraid.
                      Andy

Comment

So would someone please enlighten me as to why I've just tried to upload a jpeg of 170kb and 800x600 and I got an "Error Remote file too large."?
                        Tried uploading from Imageshack and got the same message.

No, I will not be registering with Flickr, but very surprised I can't upload any image other than a tiny thumbnail.
                        I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NickM View Post
                          So would someone please enlighten me as to why I've just tried to upload a jpeg of 170kb and 800x600 and I got an "Error Remote file too large."?

If you send me the image as an e-mail attachment I will check this out for you.
                          Robert
                          robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

If you send me the image as an e-mail attachment I will check this out for you.
                            Testing image upload.

m2.jpg
                            Robert
                            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

It's very strange. The first few times I kept getting an error message, even though it was within size. Not exactly enamoured with the thumbnail though. I don't open thumbnails, kudos do those who do, but a real disadvantage.

On other forums with vBulletin when you get a thumbnail you can usually right click on the thumbnail and post that as a full size image, but I tried that here and it doesn't work, which is a pity.
                              I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X