500px (update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500px (update)

I like the BB code block that flickr generates for you. All you need to do is paste this into the body of a thread and the server upload then tranlates it into the correct html (at least that's what appears to be happening by looking at the page source).

The code block that 500px generates is already in html format and I couldn't figure out a way to post this in a thread and the server accept it. It always ended up generating a 503 error.

OK - so this is a bit more manual but it does appear to work. Note I have tested this and it worked the first time I did it but on attempting to replicate to test my instructions were correct for this thread I did get 503 errors from the server. But then after I closed my browser and then re-opened and tried again it worked. Most of us have experienced the 503 error from time to time so I think what I have written here is valid.

Robert if you are not comfortable with this then please remove this thread.

To avoid the server trying to read the code and generating more errors I have pasted it here as an image so you can see exactly what I did to get this to work.

Basically I took a flickr code block and replaced the flickr addresses with the addresses from the 500px html code block. But as per the image I got errors - possibly because 500px has removed the www. from the addresses of the image and person links. I just manually added them and then in preview Post the image appeared with what looked like working links.

Hope this helps.
    Scott
    Last edited by anderson.council; 11-10-2013, 16:02. Reason: Original code image too small to read
    Scott

500px flickr

Re: 500px (update)

Scott, have a look at this link it may help you with posting from 500px

Comment

Hi Muscat,

Yes I'd seen your post and that works fine to display the image but it doesn't allow the click-through to 500px.

I did manage to achieve this with the second of the 2 identical images in the first post of my Elan Valley thread. But when I tried to replicate it to create the above tip it didn't initially work. Then it did. Then it didn't. I got a series of 503 server errors. And not wanting to appear to Robert as if I was trying to attack his server I decided to give up on that quest.

But I've just revisited that Elan Valley thread and the second post does still click through to 500px. It was posted exactly as stated above.

Scott
      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Inspired by a reply by Stan to Wayne about how he avoids 503 errors I have applied the same logic to see if it works for the 500px click through code block.

1 Create new post and just add text, then save the post.

2 Edit the post and for this example add the code block below (but as per above image in first post)

3 Preview. Looks good (but I've been there before and got a 503 on attempt to save).

4. Save ... and this time it works.

Snow on Mars ? by Scott Cable, on 500px
        Last edited by anderson.council; 14-10-2013, 14:13.
        Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Update.

I tried following the above butthen just add the html code block that 500px provides but with no success.

So if you want code to replicate flickr click-through but to 500px then you have to put in some manual edit time.

Hope this helps.

Scott
          Last edited by anderson.council; 14-10-2013, 14:17.
          Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Working...
          X