Where's the BBcode on flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the BBcode on flickr

Just opened up flickr this morning and whereas usually you get the choice to stay with the old version or try the new beta, today it takes me straight to the beta where of course the BBcode is currently unavailable. How do I get back to the old version ? - I thought there was an option on the page but that seems to have disappeared too

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Where's the BBcode on flickr

The new version of Flickr still has the option for grabbing the BBCode, it's just that it's in a different place.

Make the photo full-screen by clicking on it in Photostream, click on the small box with an arrow coming out (towards the lower right of the screen), click on "Grab the HTMP/BBCode", click in the link box and copy the link.

You can also get the old version of Flickr by clicking on "Edit" (top/middle of the screen) when in Photostream view, but functionality isn't the same as it used to be.
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Happened to me for ages Stan. The new gallery layout has the BBCode missing from the share boxes. Tried to get an answer from FLickr with no reply, so I switched back. There was a button at the bottom left as I viewed a picture saying a could switch back to the old version. In the same place it was to upgrade I'm sure.

I just hope that Flickr keep the BBCode share in, as its the mainstay of how things are shared via forums these days.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Make the photo full-screen by clicking on it in Photostream, click on the small box with an arrow coming out (towards the lower right of the screen), click on "Grab the HTMP/BBCode", click in the link box and copy the link.
        no option there for the bbcode only html

You can also get the old version of Flickr by clicking on "Edit" (top/middle of the screen) when in Photostream view, but functionality isn't the same as it used to be.
        that takes you to a thumbnail page and when you click on a photo just takes you to the new beta again

There was a button at the bottom left as I viewed a picture saying a could switch back to the old version

that's what I thought Paul but its now been replaced by a feedback button

Stan

flickr

Comment

Stan, I just had a look and noticed when I click on the box bottom right hand corner with the little arrow coming out of it that the BBCode button is greyed out. I found that you can still click on the BBCode button and it works.

David
          David

Comment

I think that is the old version David, which I can no longer access - on the new version that box is mid way down the page on the right. However I think I may have sussed it now - when you click on the box with the arrow, as well as the usual links to facebook etc, below there are 3 symbols , what looks like a chain, then " </> " which I think is the HTML code and then what looks like a pin head thing which I have now discovered is the BBcode but it is blanked out !!! - but if you choose a different size to the one it defaults to, the link then becomes active - but what a faff !!!!!!!!

Stan
            Last edited by Stan; 22-11-2013, 10:31.

flickr

Comment

Stan,

The box which pops-up when you click on the box/arrow should have three options, "Share this via", "Grab the link" (which is the usual default), and at the very bottom "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Once clicked-on you then have the link-paste box, an image size box, and two tick-boxes one for HTMP and one for BBCode. Once you've selected your chosen link-style, image size, etc then this seems to remain the default for future clicks.
              Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                - but what a faff !!!!!!!!

Stan
                developers justifying their existence....
                David

Comment

I get nothing like that Steve - unfortunately I cant show you a screen grab at the moment as I am at work

anyway I have managed to add a shot to my fungi thread in nature but its interesting to see that the BBcode I grabbed is much shorter than before and does not show the title and link back to flickr below the shot

stan

flickr

Comment

Odd!

Here's a grab of what I see....

Clipboard01.jpg

Comment

That's the old version Steve - the new version has the box, which looks quite different about midway down the right hand side of the screen

Stan

flickr

Comment

That explains it then! Flickr are obviously getting ahead of themselves with their updates!

Comment

Aye Steve there's a new Gallery layout to rival 500px. A more clean UI and the absence of vital sharing buttons.
                          Seems they have removed the opt out button in favour of the feedback system. It's driving flickr members crazy according to the forums on there.

Looks like a function they don't think is well used.

Pity, I was starting to like Flickr lol 500px has the BBCode integration now.
                          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                          www.campsie.photography

Comment

They haven't moved me over yet; I'm still on the old with the option to 'try the beta experience'. Which I think I'll avoid for as long as I can until they've sorted this out, by the sounds of it.
                            Canon EOS 7D
                            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

I went on to the new. Couldn't cope and bounced back to the old. I always select see all sizes, select the size I want and then right click for "Copy photo location" (Firefox)

I think that they are making the mistake of assuming that people only want to share their photos with certain well known internet sites. :o(
                              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X