I have yet to post my first image .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have yet to post my first image .....

I note that the forum members all seem to use Flikr, Photo bucket, Image shack etc etc. May I ask why? Is it not possible to post an image from my pc to the forum?

Laurence

Re: I have yet to post my first image .....

I use Flickr as it gives me a source to load images that others outside the forum can also see.
    For example a number of my camera club friends also use Flickr so we can view each other's images.
    Also I find loading to flickr is less restrictive than the forum image restrictions.
    Andy

Comment

Laurence, the answer is that you can, but I have always used Flickr because it is easy!

Richard
      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

You can post an image direct from your PC by using the "insert image" icon but I have found that it degrades the image so prefer to use a third party host such as flickr

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          You can post an image direct from your PC by using the "insert image" icon but I have found that it degrades the image so prefer to use a third party host such as flickr

Stan
          Yep ..me too.
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Thank you Stan

Here is my first attempt

Emsworth Mill Pond.jpg

Comment

Nice shot - well done !
              James
              James Boardman Woodend
              www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

I like that. Some nice reflections. Flood waters or just a river from a road? Whereabouts have you taken it? Do you mind sharing the exif data at all please?
                Andy
                Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

The picture is of Emsworth Mill Pond looking north(ish) back toward the town. There is a path on the mill pond wall.
                  I am not sure how to copy the EXIF but here are the details

Canon 550
                  Tokina 11 - 16mm set to a focal length of 15mm
                  30 secs @ 6.3
                  ISO 200

I used an off camera flash to light the shrub which I fired at some random point during the exposure

I used Lightroom 5 to reduce the luminance noise a bit

I shot it at about 0630

Laurence

Comment

James

I just took a look at your 500px pics. Getting a compliment from such an accomplished photographer feels a bit like getting an Oscar!

Comment

For similar reasons mentioned by Stan above, I use Image shack to post images.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I use ImageShack because most of the forums I post on will only accept images that are uploaded elsewhere, and just want the link. Forums like this one, where you can upload an image direct, are becoming less and less common. So, as I've had to obtain an ImageShack account, I may as well use it.
                        Last edited by NickM; 30-01-2014, 18:10.
                        I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                        X