Uploading larger images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading larger images

I hope no one minds me doing this ,,there is a lot of members who still only load thumbnails.and some of there images deserve to be shown bigger so I have made this up for those who would like to show there images bigger,

First ..upload PHOTOBUCKETits free.

When you log onto photobucket you should see this

click on the green upload images and vidios bar
    you should get this

find your image you wish to upload
    click on the image and then open

wait for it to upload and you should see this

Add title and discription then save
    This will post the image in your album

Hover over your image and you should see 4 link option boxes

LEFT click on the bottom box...it should turn blue
    RIGHT click then COPY

Go to your post where you want to show the image and PASTE

It will show as anumber till you submit the thread,
    Simples,

Last edited by codachrome; 26-07-2010, 14:54.
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Re: Uploading larger images

If anyone ask you how to upload bigger images find this post and copy and paste this link

There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hi Coda,
      I am new to the Forum, did a post last week asking for advice on Airshow phography, I got some good advice, particularly from Colin C.
      I have been contemplating uploading some images for C&C but in truth I have never done it before and also have noted comments that images need much more sharpening to be viewed on the internet than one would normally do for printing, consequently I am a bit unsure of how the images I have will look when uploded to the forum.
      I do not have Photoshop, I purchased Lightroom 3 on the advicce of a friend who uses it almost exclusively and his images are sensational, I therfore thought if it is good enough for him it should be good enough for me!
      As I put in my original request for advice my images just do not look like the images I see uploaded on Forums such as Fighter Control Airshow Phography, maybe Lightroom is not the right tool for me or of course it could be that I am new to it and not doing it right!!!
      Anyway I digress, is Photobucket the best online storage facility to use for this Forum, I had a look at it and it appeared to cost so much per month to use it???
      I have made an account at Flickr which a lot of guys on Fighter Control seem to use, although I am still trying to get my head round it and don't have a clue yet how to use it to upload pic's on here.

Any advice, Regards Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I have and use Lightroom 2 which is very good it should do just about everything that you may need. To load an image into either Photbucket or Flickr you will need to export the processed images into a Jpeg form.

Yes an image that is going to be loaded into either Flickr or Photobucket and then transferred into the EOS Forum or any other for that matter will need some additional sharpening. Can I suggest that when you add the image into your post you use the preview option that you have in either a new thread or in the Advance mode on this site. If you like what you see then submit the post, if your photo needs more modifications then simply backout and don't hit the submit button.

I am looking forward to seeing some of your posts.

Comment

Ive had photobucket for about 6 years and never paid a penny so where did you get the running cost from?

Comment

Tried it last week, I think I may have been on a USA version as it wanted to charge so mucj in US Dollars per month, I just gave it up then thinking I would try Flickr, I will have another go, or is Flickr just as good, what would you recommend?

Comment

I have never used flickr to upload images to other sites so I dont know how to.I just posted this as I have had a few pm`s asking me how I upload larger images.so I have shown how I do it,All my images are made ready on ps3,,and then transfered to photobucket.If anyone out there would like to show how they do it..I would at least give it a try,

Coda

Comment

Well done Coda.

That article will help a lot of members now, and in the future.

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                  Hi Paul,

I have and use Lightroom 2 which is very good it should do just about everything that you may need. To load an image into either Photbucket or Flickr you will need to export the processed images into a Jpeg form.

Yes an image that is going to be loaded into either Flickr or Photobucket and then transferred into the EOS Forum or any other for that matter will need some additional sharpening. Can I suggest that when you add the image into your post you use the preview option that you have in either a new thread or in the Advance mode on this site. If you like what you see then submit the post, if your photo needs more modifications then simply backout and don't hit the submit button.

I am looking forward to seeing some of your posts.
                  Thank you Muscat for your reply and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by codachrome View Post
                    I have never used flickr to upload images to other sites so I dont know how to.I just posted this as I have had a few pm`s asking me how I upload larger images.so I have shown how I do it,All my images are made ready on ps3,,and then transfered to photobucket.If anyone out there would like to show how they do it..I would at least give it a try,

Coda
                    Well that'sme told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......................I will take myself straight to the naughty step!!!!

Comment

I personally don't use Flickr but I know that a number of folks on this site do. What I believe you need to do, and I may be wrong here, is to copy from the Flickr site the code that references the IMG string, in Flickr there re a number of options for providing links and I believe this is one of them and I also think it is the bottom option in the list.

Once you have copied this code when you want to post the image insert the copied data between the following [IMG]...[IMG]

The string should look something like [IMG]http://zzzzz.xxxx.vvvvv.cc[IMG] if all is well when you go to preview mode you should see your picture.

Comment

Thanks Muscat..ill give it a try but over the years ive found photobucket very easy and I say `if it aint brock dont fix it`
                        Sorry Paul if I seemed to come on a bit strong that was not my intention,

Coda

Comment

Thank you Coda,
                          Another question if I may. I have opened an account with Photobucket UK and thankfully they do not want a monthly subscription so goodness knows what I was on last time!!
                          I have created an album of pic's taken at waddington Airshow 2010, I have done as much to them in Lightroom as my limited experience allowed and have saved them as Jpegs which has allowed me to upload, however when I was looking at settings it asked me which size I wnated to save??? I was not sure which to use t be honest nor sure what the images were being measured in??
                          Anyway to cut a long story short I just chose medium!! Not sure if that is correct or not, any suggestions??
                          I will be adding the photo's by following your steps shortly for advise but have no idea what they will look like when viewed on the internet as I am told images on the net need much more sharpening than when looking at your own on your own computer, I guess I will find out!!

Comment

Im sure if your image is sharp to start with you should just upload it..as for the size mine are all 800pxs on the longest side.

Coda

Comment

Mine are the same, 800px on the longest side. Too small and you lose out on quality, too big and members with smaller screens can't see the whole shot without scrolling. 800px is a happy medium.

Colin
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X