X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctrollen
    replied
    Re: How do I upload my pics now...?

Nothing is going to happen to Flickr.com as such, not any time soon anyway. It's just that what are currently Flickr's terms & conditions will be come under Smugmug. If you don't want to accept Smugmug's T&Cs then you have the option of removing your photos, closing your Flickr account and hosting them elsewhere. FWIW, I'll be sticking with Flickr under its new ownership for the time being.

Have a read of this: https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en...7692729336502/

Leave a comment:

• Ems
    replied

Thanks for the info. I've just found my email from Flickr in my BTMail spam folder. Looks like I'm in the same boat as you.

Emyr

Leave a comment:

• JayJay
    replied

Originally posted by Ems View Post
    Flickr is still on its own website. You should be able to log in with your old settings.
    Ems, I have downloaded/uploaded all my 'pics' from flickr onto my Elements 13 on my pc. I received an email from flickr saying that I had until the end of this month to move my 'pics' or they would automatically go onto Smugmug and they would automatically come under Smugmug's terms and conditions. I have also closed my flickr account because it, to, comes under Smugmugs terms and conditions. I think that I have all that correct.

Leave a comment:

• Ems
    replied

Flickr is still on its own website. You should be able to log in with your old settings.

Leave a comment:

• JayJay
    replied

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
    SmugMug said no changes would be made to Flickr’s current plans or rates: “Flickr’s free accounts are foundational to its community of influential and engaged photographers.”
    I've just been on the SmugMug site and there is not any sign of a free posting option. There is a 'basic' plan that is stated in US dollars of, I think, $3.99. Wikipedia state that SmugMug is a paid for hosting site. Can anyone confirm or deny this, please?

Leave a comment:

• Robert Scott
    replied

SmugMug said no changes would be made to Flickr’s current plans or rates: “Flickr’s free accounts are foundational to its community of influential and engaged photographers.”

Leave a comment:

• JayJay
    started a topic How do I upload my pics now...?

How do I upload my pics now...?

...that flickr have over to Smugmug? I've no intention of paying, what will doubt become, rather high prices. I've just manually gone through the posting pictures forum but I didn't find an alternative to flickr.
Working...
X