Theme for May / June. Gardens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme for May / June. Gardens

I thought a theme of Gardens may be appropriate for May & June - any aspect of any garden, whatever you see that strikes you or that you like.

Please feel free to post more than one pic and / or comment on any photos as this is not a competition, purely a celebration.

Rose

Just a couple from home, to help kick start this thread.

1. A Meconopsis, commonly known as "Blue Poppy" which has a special place within our family. One of our Son and Daughter in Laws first rescue greyhounds had the racing name "Poppy Blue". With a family name of "Inky" she was a Blue Greyhound, her passing was a sad time.

I have tried without success to grow these from seed, last year I spotted some plants at a nursery and bought two. One for our garden and one for the the kids. Theirs flowered last year and ours didn't!.
    Yesterday evening SWMBO noticed that ours had flowers that were just opening. Happy days

2. A peek in the greenhouse which is currently full to overflowing. Some of the hanging baskets have only just been potted up, with a trio that are being hardened off prior to going out into the garden. I hope to be able to make some room shortly, to get the tomatoes, chillies and cucumbers into their growing space.

Last edited by ST-EOS; 18-05-2023, 12:38.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thank you Peter for starting this thread, I thought Gardens would be inclusive as if someone doesn't have a garden of their own then they may have a park or green space nearby.
      I like your photos, both are great.

I am so jealous - don't think I have seen Meconopsis before - Blue Poppy is a beautiful plant, I'll have to look out for it as I have been looking for a blue flower.
      Super pic, nice and sharp.

My back garden is postage stamp in size so I've no room for a greenhouse and I'd give anything for one where I could grow even a fraction of your plants.
      Hope you'll share photos of your flowering hanging baskets in due course.

Rose.

Comment

Our plot is large and untidy rather than a neat and well-ordered garden. We have several apple trees and the Dabinette (a bitter-sweet cider apple) has just come into full bloom - it is very popular with the local bees!

Dabinette & friend by John Liddle, on Flickr
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

I love the pic showing a bee busy at work amongst the flowers; the trees must look spectacular just now when they are in full bloom.
          Large untidy gardens are great, perfect habitat for all sorts of critters (and of course loads of opportunities to photograph them!].

I look forward to seeing pics of the apples later on in the year.

Rose

Comment

Here are a couple of plants from my postage stamp size front garden.

The first one is a purple and white Aquilegia which amazingly survived in a pot over winter, so it must be hardier than I thought; the second plant is Sweet William before it comes out in flower.
            The Sweet William were grown from seed given to me so it will be interesting to see the colours.

Rose

Aquilegia by Rose, on Flickr

Sweet William by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

Lovely pics Rose especially the first

Ian
              Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Here's a couple from around the patio this morning.

Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I marvel at some of the flowers that some members of the Forum post up from their gardens - the colours are stunning. I don't post any, I don’t grow any - and this is the reason, they would be eaten!
                  This part of my garden I'm 'Wilding' for wild flowers. I do have a fenced off area beyond the sheds where I grow vegetables. The rest of the garden is woodland and scrub

1632 - The Garden!!!! 1632260523 by Trev Bartlett MBE, on Flickr
                  Last edited by Trev B; 28-05-2023, 20:31.
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

That's a lovely pic Trev, what a super outlook.

Ian
                    Ian

Comment

That is one outstanding garden Trev.
                      I could sit and look at that all day.

Rose

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                        Here's a couple from around the patio this morning.

]
                        Those are beautiful plants and super pics, Peter.
                        Love the colour of the begonia

Rose

Comment

Thought that you would like a few pics of the tulips I had in the garden this year....

Tulip-6208 by Ian, on Flickr

Tulip-6207 by Ian, on Flickr

Tulip-6206 by Ian, on Flickr

Tulip-6205 by Ian, on Flickr

Tulip-6204 by Ian, on Flickr

Tulip-6198 by Ian, on Flickr

IMG_6195 by Ian, on Flickr

This one is a composite of a 30 shots stack generated wholly by the R6
                          8X6A0829_Tulip by Ian, on Flickr

Quite a decent show

Ian

Ian

Comment

That is a lovely set of pics Ian, the display must have been very colourful.
                            I love the photos, all nice and sharp.

it is very hard to choose a favourite, the first one for a more traditional shape, but I think my heart goes to the last pink frilly tulip.

Rose

Comment

Thank you everyone for your photos of Gardens for May / June, they have been beautiful; a real treat to look at.
                              Rose

Comment

Working...
                              X