Am I the only Member???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only Member???

Looks like I must be the only member on this forum as no one else has introduced themselves here.

So in case somebody happens along.....

Hello I am Chris living in Kent and recently joined this forum. I have had a passionate interest in photography for many years but, I guess, like many, never had time to pursue this passion other than the odd shot here and there.

Well I hope that will now change. Having bought a 60D about 3 years ago, several lenses, tripod, filters, flash and all the other gadgets you can think of and 2 nice giant camera backpacks to lug it all around in, in readiness for early retirement.

So early retirement has finally arrived and I am about to give the 60D and bits a good thrashing.

I will be "lurking" around this forum (so please excuse me) until I have decent photos to post.

Any tips from the more experienced on any photo subjects relating to this forum will be welcome.

If you happen by.... please say Hello!

Regards
    Chris
    Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
    EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Re: Am I the only Member???

Enjoy your retirement and your photography - and welcome to the forum

David

Comment

Firstly, welcome aboard Chris.

There were hundreds of intros in the previous "New Members " section where most of us introduced ourselves a long time ago. However, the section had to be deleted because it had become infected with Malware, which defied Robert's efforts to get rid of it.

Robert has only just re-instated the section, but minus all of the original data (and the Malware ) of course.

Dave
      Last edited by Dave_S; 10-02-2015, 20:05. Reason: typo
      Dave

Comment

welcome Chris and enjoy the site - as Dave said this section has only just been put live again
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
          EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
          [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

A warm welcome Chris. I am also a bit of a lurker here lol. Must get to posting more pics. Enjoy your retirement and get your
            photographer's eye working Most of all enjoy.

Comment

Hi Chris and welcome.

Bill.
              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Welcome aboard Chris looking forward to seeing your shots

Comment

Welcome we were all new members once chris ,feel free to post and enjoy we are a friendly bunch

Comment

Welcome Chris
                    What type of photography are you interested in - I live in Kent and might be able to point out some locations for you
                    Cheers
                    Dave

Comment

[emoji112]
                      Paul

Comment

Hello Chris and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your images as you enjoy retirement.

Tom

Comment

Welcome aboard Chris. You'll enjoy your stay here.
                          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes.

Having had a quick look around there are some great photos on this forum. Hope mine are half as good.

Looks like you share a lot and help each other, hope I too can contribute in the future.
                            Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
                            EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

we try to Chris

One tip, when posting images try using Flickr as it will display the images better and you won't have soft uploads, assuming the image isn't soft to begin with
                              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                              X