Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again from Stuart

Hi all..

Old member checking in again for some motivation :)

I have owned the excellent EOS 7D for a number of years now but never really used it, due to one thing or another I have just been too busy to take pictures

Well at the age of 55 (last week) I decided to it was time to loose a bit more weight, lost 3 stone so far in 12 months, get fit, started cycling at weekends, time to calm down and start to relax a bit...

I have just charged the batteries in the camera and it is time to actually use it! and visit the site to get some motivation and ask questions, some will be stupid questions I expect lol

Look forward to reading posts and getting advice.

Stuart
    Stuart Tunstall
    York - UK

- Canon EOS 7D - Tamron 18 - 270mm f3.5 - 6.3 Di II VC - Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM - Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - Canon Speedlight 580EX II - Canon Timer Remote Control TC 80N3 - Giottos GTMTL9361B with MH5001 Head - Lowpro 300AW Backpack - Photoshop CC - Lightroom CC - Aurora HDR 2018 - Photolemur 3 - Plus a few other bits -

Re: Hello again from Stuart

Hello Stuart and welcome back.

Three stone in a year? ............. looks like I need some advice from you.
    Colin

Comment

Lol.... Thank you..

About 6 years ago I was 27 stone and had a blood pressure lowest reading of 190/140 which the doctor told me I had two choices, loose it or die! So I did, I lost 7 stone.. I was also advices I was Type 2 diabetic...

I started going to the gym and managed to keep the weight off and the diabetic in check with just diet and exercise .. but in late 2017/early 2018 for 6 months or so I stopped going to the gym..

At my last diabetic check in May last year I was 134KG and one of the tests showed was a little high at 53 when it should be below 50 ... In May I started to go back to the gym and even took up riding a bike Saturday and Sunday for about 14 miles each day ... By September I had lost just short of 2 stone at 124KG and dropped the diabetic result to 42 which is pre diabetic... Last Friday I went to the doctors for a blood test and weighed in at 115KG so in just over 12 months I have lost 19KG or about 3 stone... WELL IMPRESSED :)

I want to loose another stone or so plus I want to know another 3-4 of the diabetic result and say I an no longer diabetic so turned that around...

I think the loose it or die and not wanting to take another tablet on top of my others was an incentive lol...

Now a question, I have two batteries, a genuine Cannon and a Hahnel... The Canon is now charged to 100% but shows recharge performance in the battery menu in red, one red dot, even though it has had little use... The Hahnel battery is now 100% and shows 3 green dots.. Is the Canon battery at the end of its life or does it need to be discharged fully/recharged due to lack of use?

Stuart
      Stuart Tunstall
      York - UK

- Canon EOS 7D - Tamron 18 - 270mm f3.5 - 6.3 Di II VC - Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM - Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - Canon Speedlight 580EX II - Canon Timer Remote Control TC 80N3 - Giottos GTMTL9361B with MH5001 Head - Lowpro 300AW Backpack - Photoshop CC - Lightroom CC - Aurora HDR 2018 - Photolemur 3 - Plus a few other bits -

Comment

Welcome back Stuart.

Tom

Comment

It is good to see you return Stuart, particularly in light of your magnificent efforts on the weight front - Well Done!
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thank you all :)
            Stuart Tunstall
            York - UK

Comment

Working...
            X