Battery problem with 1DX iii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery problem with 1DX iii

Hi everybody. This is my first post. I have had the 1DX iii for just over 3 weeks. I traded in my 1DX ii and kept my spare LP-E19 battery. Using the new battery, I only managed 118 shutter count (SC) before the battery was totally discharged. Using my spare, I got 222 (SC). The newly recharged battery that came with the iii got just over 400 (SC). I have used the video and live view, but for only a few minutes as I am mainly a still photographer.I also have to download images from the camera via usb to my MacBook. (Canon say I may have to wait 90 days before the free Sandisk CFExpress card reader arrives) I am awaiting an answer from Canon, however has any other 1DX iii had similar problems. Canon had stated 2000+ (SC) in the advertising campaign.

Hi Roy, I can't help not being a 1DX lll owner but there are a couple on here that do have the camera. No doubt they will pick this tread up and throw some information your way.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Hello Roy.

I am not noticing any difference in battery use from what I previously achieved from my 1Dx MKII, but I haven't used live view or video. When uploading to my Mac, it does use the camera battery to "push" the images and a fully charged battery is recommended.

I always charge the battery before I use it and the counter registers around 2,700 shots on full RAW and from memory, that is pretty consistent with the MKII but, like all of us on here, I haven'y had much opportunity to use it yet. A few days of wildlife, then a week in Norway before everything closed down. I have taken a total of 1,700 images so far, which is nothing compared to my normal usage. I seem to recall that the MKIII had optimised battery usage, so it should take more images for the same battery, not less.

Sounds like a conversation with your supplier, or direct with Canon is required.
      Colin

Comment

Hi Roy,

1DX1 Owner here, have you tried conditioning / calibrating the battery on the charger?

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/ind...t&id=ART135518

Last edited by TonyT; 30-04-2020, 12:20.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
        X