Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm nathan, I am a vehicle body shop owner in the uk, but when I'm not fixing cars I am very focused on my photography! I would class myself as a serious hobbyist. Waaaaay off being anything more.

​​​​​​My first camera was a Sony bridge camera and served me well for 4 years approx. I then inherited a couple of old Canon film SLRs when my grandad passed away and really fell in love with how SLRs operate and film photography. I have a Canon 50E and Canon eos 3 film slr. I love shooting film, however I was limited to entering pictures into competitions with my club as I didn't have a film scanner etc so I wanted my first dslr and of course it had to be canon! My gramps was a huge Canon fan , he collected eos magazine for years and I have issues dating back as far as 1997! That he left me which has been really fun to read.

So for Christmas my partner got me a Canon Eos 40D and a years subscription to the magazine so thought I'd go all in and join up to the forum. I'm really looking forward to progressing my photography more and getting more involved in the Canon community with pictures and learning loads more stuff. I already love having my 40D with its little nifty fifty on. It's perfect for me. Plus this is the first time I've had a camera that shoots in RAW so this is exciting for me.

Look forward to interacting with you all more.

Thanks for reading

Nathan

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Nathan, I'm sure that if you have any questions about your camera and photography in general, someone on here will be able to advise you.
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

And it's a welcome from me
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Welcome to the forum Nathan. It's very friendly and as Peter said if you have any questions there will always be someone here to help.
          http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Love your photos, especially the first one with the umbrella.

Emyr

Comment

Welcome from me too.

Bill.
              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to seeing more of you images here.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Welcome to this excellent and friendly forum Nathan.

Very nice photos, will look forward in seeing more.
                  Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Welcome Nathan, this is a great, friendly, knowledgable forum, so enjoy like the rest of us.
                    Dave

Comment

Hi Nathan

The 40D is a good camera, it was my introduction to digital after many years of Canon Film Cameras - including the 50e which is still around.
                      As everyone says, this forum is a great place to learn & chat.
                      Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Hello Nathan,
                        Welcome from me too; I love the first photo with the umbrella and look forward to seeing more pics.
                        Rose

Comment

Welcome to the forum Nathan, i look forward to seeing your pics.

Ian
                          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thank you so much everybody for your kind words. I'm already getting a sense of such a friendly place to be!

The umbrella picture is definitely the most fun i had doing a shoot. I seem a similar idea on Pinterest but the umbrella was filled with snow. I had an Autumn theme challenge to do so I thought why not doing with leaves. Note to anyone wanting to try it, I collected a bin liner full of leaves and brought them into the house to dry out for a few days. Wet leaves clump together and doesnt work so well.

thank you everyone

Nathan

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                              Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Working...
                              X