Help, New Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, New Laptop

I need to replace my Dell i3 laptop for something that moves faster than a stunned slug, I can't use any DDP software because it is so slow I can make a brew before any programme opens!!
    I know the way to go is solid state drive, so one box ticked, probably i5 or i7, but graphics' cards are an unknown, I am a tight bugger so don't want to sell a kidney to buy one, can anyone point me in the right direction?
    I know lightroom is talked about a lot, but more likely to go to Skylums Luminar as I don't warrant a monthly fee at present.

Still not got the hand of Flickr, possibly due to the 10 mins wait between clicking the mouse and anything happening, but here is a picture of a thief that came to my home, a robber bee stealing from a bait hive on my garage roof.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I use a Dell XPS 13 laptop mainly....still have a 10 yr old iMac but hardly use it as its sooooo slow.
    The Dell has Core i7 16GB RAM 64 bit system...runs DPP. LR and Affinity pretty well...........I went for the high res screen which was a waste of money on this size screen.
    I'd go for a Dell Inspiron if I didn't need to travel so much....you can configure on their web site to the spec you need.
    .....hope this helps
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I got myself a HP Omen 15, that has a SSD and is very quick, I like the larger 15 inch screen. I’m very pleased with it.

Ian
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Ok thanks, went with the Dell 7501, just arrived so still loading it up, thanks for the pointers.

Comment

that should do the job nicely!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
          X