Triggering a speedlute optically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggering a speedlute optically

just bought a speedlite 600 ex 11 rt, looks great works good on camera (200D) but while I'm sorting out a wireless or optical trigger to fire speedlite of camera I am trying to get the 200D to trigger the flash off camera, but no luck, everything I read gives good instructions, YouTube has videos, but not using a 200D, so why won't it fire the speedlite?

Trying to trigger it off camera how? you say 'while I'm sorting out a wireless or optical trigger to fire speedlite off camera' which rather suggests you currently have no off camera option...

If you don't have an optical or wireless trigger then as far as I know the only other option is an off camera cord of some kind - assuming the 200D is compatible with such...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

You won't. Use a off camera cord such as the Canon Off Shoe Cord. I use these at my badger sett, although I cannibalised them and fitted various lengths of 5 core cable between shoe and flash head unit. Works a treat, and more reliable.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I use a Calumet wireless trigger....with transmitter on camera hot shoe and receiver on the flash....mine is a few years old but the link below seems to be the same thing.

I used it on a 200D and the 600 EX RT

Calumet Pro Series 4 Channel Wireless Flash-Trigger Kit - Canon fit | Wex Photo Video

Last edited by @imagesBV; 30-06-2021, 18:26.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I use Viltrox FC-210C triggers and these work very well.
          Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
          X