• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trev B
    replied
    Originally posted by Fluid Sculpture View Post
    Hi Brian, and thank you. :-)
    I'm into hi fi, but the amps I build are strictly for guitarists. https://hudsonics.co.uk/ ;-)

Hi also, Ian. Thank you too. You're very kind. Here's one from a run I did earlier using milk and xanthan gum in the water...
    5October2021-2.jpg
    I like that, very nice

Leave a comment:

• Fluid Sculpture
    replied
    Hi Brian, and thank you. :-)
    I'm into hi fi, but the amps I build are strictly for guitarists. https://hudsonics.co.uk/ ;-)

Hi also, Ian. Thank you too. You're very kind. Here's one from a run I did earlier using milk and xanthan gum in the water...
    5October2021-2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Farider
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Paul, an excellent pic of the drip, look forward to seeing some more of your submissions.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Brian Sugden
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Paul. Your first image is very impressive. Looking forward to seeing more. Am I right in assuming that your hi-gain valve amplification also means you're into hi-fi?

Leave a comment:

• Fluid Sculpture
    replied
    Thank you, jimbobway.
    It should have read "registered", not "licensed" in my sig. I'm in the UK and it's pretty much a requirement to have a flyer and an operator ID registered with the CAA for most drones and model aircraft if they're flown outdoors. The Flyer ID registration involves a theory test with a 75% pass mark. That's free and is valid for five years. But an owner has to pay an annual fee for an Operator ID, and that has to be clearly shown on any and all drones or RC aircraft that they're responsible for. An Operator is responsible for checking that anyone flying their kit has a current Flyer ID.

Leave a comment:

• jimbobway
    replied
    Yes, the drip thing works really well. Nice. Also, I am impressed you have your drone license. The only place I know of requiring it is Canada, and I understand it is just short of getting a private pilot license; the ground school, but not the hours in the plane. I don't know where you are, but it seems a good bet many countries will require it before long.
    Last edited by jimbobway; 03-10-2021, 21:41.

Leave a comment:

• Fluid Sculpture
    replied
    Hi Alex. :-)
    Thank you for the welcome.

Leave a comment:

• 2Beers
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Paul

Leave a comment:

• Fluid Sculpture
    replied
    Hi Lez. :-)

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Iron Man
    replied
    Hi Paul, and welcome aboard, look forward to seeing more

Leave a comment:

• Fluid Sculpture
    replied
    Thanks, Bill, Chris and Trev. :-)

My electronics dabbling tends towards high-gain valve amplification, but I built a multi-controller around an Arduino processor that I use to control a drip valve, shutter release, and a pair of flashes. I'm currently looking at a sound-activated trigger to plug into a simpler Arduino box.

The drip thing works quite well. ;-)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bill53
    replied
    Hi Paul and welcome from me too.

Leave a comment:

• Trev B
    replied
    Hi Paul and welcome to the Forum, I can see you being a very useful guy on here as an 'electronics dabbler' you are obviously into 'Triggers'

Leave a comment:

• Stackman
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, looking forward to see your pictures

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Fluid Sculpture
    started a topic Hello from West Yorkshire

Hello from West Yorkshire

Hi. I'm Paul and I'm a retired local government training officer. I'm a keen hobbyist photographer as well as electronics dabbler, so I enjoy using home-made tech in my photography, particularly drip pictures.
Working...
X