New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum

Hi. Began my love for photography in ernest in 2018 with a Canon 1300D bought on a whim. Didn’t have a clue what I was doing so did a one day introduction, having to find out what apertures, shutter speeds and ISO’s were before hand as they were a complete mystery. Progressed to a 6D Mk 2 and now consider myself an enthusiastic amateur with a long way to go. Developing a love of seascapes, street (but a bit too conscious of invading people’s privacy), animals especially swans (they don’t seem to mind), black and white and architecture.

Look forward to being part of the forum.
    Lottee

Hi Lottee, Welcome to the Forum nice to have you onboard. Don't be afraid to post a few pictures. We all had to learn once, some of us are still trying to get the hang of it
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Welcome Lottee - this is a friendly and helpful place
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Welcome to this excellent forum Lottee.
        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Hi Lottee and welcome from me too.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Welcome to the forum Lottee, if you like architecture have a go at the current monthly theme, its not a competition, its just for fun!

Ian
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thank you all for such a warm welcome

Comment

Welcome from me too, I look forward to seeing some of your images Lottee
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Welcome Lottie, I for one have learnt so much through this forum & putting your shots on here are a great way to learn, all friendly advice.

Comment

Welcome from me too - this is a friendly bunch.
                    look forward to seeing some photos.
                    Rose

Comment

Thank you all for the encouragement and definitely will. Looking at the posts am I right in thinking that jpg files are not the preferred choice for posting?

Comment

Originally posted by Lottee View Post
                        Thank you all for the encouragement and definitely will. Looking at the posts am I right in thinking that jpg files are not the preferred choice for posting?
                        Many if not most of us have a Flickr (or similar) account and we simply hotlink to the image stored there.

It is possible to upload directly to the forum but the very tight limitations on allowable file size result in very poor quality reproduction on screen - links to externally stored sites are by far the best choice.

JPG is the preferred (and possibly only) option for direct uploads, I'm not sure about linked images but I only ever use JPG files for the web anyway.

Welcome aboard.
                        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks for your reply and explanation of what to do. I don't have a Flickr or similar account yet but looks like I'm going to need one. Lottee

Comment

Working...
                          X