That Darn Cat !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Darn Cat !!!

The start of our holiday is nearly here and while Dee is at work it was left to yours truly to take the cat to the cattery.

So the day starts off with her usual feed at 6.30am following which she goes out to do whatever cats do. An hour later she comes back in and the outside doors get shut.

Around 10, she starts fussing to be let out again so cue the time to take her to the cattery. I managed to bring in the cat basket without her seeing it and caught her easily as she was sitting in the living room and put her in basket.

Went out to put her bed etc in the car, came in and she had escaped.....one of the catches on the top of the basket was a bit loose and she had managed to squeeze through the smallest of gaps.

Managed to grab her but this time she had sussed what was going to happen but after a bit of a struggle managed to get her back in the basket and secured (as I thought) the top. Look at my hands and they are covered with blood where she has scratched me !! so time to look out the savlon and a plaster. Look round and there she is again behind me and before I could react she is up the stairs and hiding under the bed - usually that means we don't see her for hours !!!

Had a look at the basket and this time she had managed to override both catches on the top so after making it secure...again...put on a pair of gloves (to protect from more scratches) and went upstairs armed with a cat treat to try and attract her. Fortunatly she was quite near the edge of the bed and no matter what mood she is in a treat never fails and as she went for it managed a firm grip on her and returned her to the basket, turning the main door towards the freezer and placing a bag of heavy cat litter on the top to avoid any further escapes while I finished getting ready

so after around an hour, it was mission accomplished

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: That Darn Cat !!!

LOL... need the Benny Hill theme playing whilst reading this

We will have the same problem with ours next week, only problem shes an outdoor cat !! we've actually booked her in 2 days before we go so it gives us a few attempts
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Oh Dear, I hope the cattery know what they've let themselves in for
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I never liked cats (as opposed to dogs) as they always seem to bite the hand that feeds! Having said that my son and family have got 2 cats!!!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

We will have the same problem with ours next week, only problem shes an outdoor cat !! we've actually booked her in 2 days before we go so it gives us a few attempts
          good luck - usually it is Dee who sorts her and she has no trouble......wont hear the end of it when she gets home later

I hope the cattery know what they've let themselves in for
          she has been quite a few times now and usually she is fine, in fact once I got her in the car she had calmed down OK.....although that was probably to give me a false sense of security while she planned to tunnel out

stan

flickr

Comment

A very entertaining story Stan. Glad that you were able to accomplish your mission.

Tom

Comment

Cheers Tom

Glad that you were able to accomplish your mission
              yes, I was a bit concerned she might escape while I was driving her to the cattery

stan

flickr

Comment

I remember many years ago a Doctor in our lab got divorced because his wife said it was either her or the cat. He came in one afternoon to do the "cut up", and taking his jacket off his young assistant noticed his bare arms were cut to ribbons, full of very deep scratches. When she asked him what on earth had happened, he replied, in his deep welsh baritone voice, "Oh my dear, I had nothing to do last night so I decided to bath the cat..." Cats, I had one for a few years but I never trusted it!
                John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

What is it with cats and cat baskets? Show a cat a box and it's in almost before you've got the contents out but show it a cat basket and it's Usain Bolt time...
                  Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Great story, Stan, rings a few bells as our previous cat was a nightmare to get into a basket. But I sort of respected her independent streak. That said, our current one is the complete opposite, just a bit of gentle encouragement and in he walks. Bliss!
                    Canon EOS 7D
                    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

a good story John

Sid, the difference is that the puss uses the box on his or her terms

Alex she is normally docile and good as gold and she will miss us terribly. every time after we have brought her Home in the past, she will go outside but return every few minutes just to make sure we have not left her again and in the evenings she will just curl up in Dee's lap

Stan

flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X